Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Sending Good Vibes

Hallo there, hope your Monday went well! Mine surprised me. Thought it was going to be worse. I had to fast and then go have bloodwork done without any morning coffee  - UGH! Luckily I survived to work on making this 5x7 "guy" card for a friend's birthday.


 I took my paper color cues from my focal image, which is a Technique Junkies background stamp called Tropics. I stamped it on white card stock with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink and clear-heat-embossed it, then colored it up with my ProMarkers. I stamped the Avery Elle sentiments with the same ink on Avery Elle flag dies, and the blue base mat was embossed using Seth Apter's Gridiron folder by Spellbinders. I used my trusty old Tonic and Marvy corner punches on the mat before embossing. Under the image is a scrap strip of Flair Designs beach patterned paper and a length of woven sisal ribbon on top. I attached the ribbon with Scor-tape and then brushed gold Perfect Pearls powder down into the weave to give it a sheen but also to cover the stickiness of the exposed tape. So... glitter on a guy card? Yes, kinda sorta. :-) It looks pretty cool!


I used the same Flair patterned paper inside my card, cut with a Spellbinder Distressed Edge Nestabilities die. On the left side I stamped sentiments by Avery Elle and Lawn Fawn. On the right side all the sentiments are Casual Fridays.


The back of my card is matted with the same blue embossed card stock as the front, along with a strip of orange scrap on which I've stamped My Favorite Things and Sweet Stamp Shop siggies. The stamped frame is Clear Dollar Stamps. I love orange and blue together, don't you?


A close-up attempting to show the glittery sheen of the Perfect Pearls in the ribbon...


And a final view of my card. Hope you enjoyed! I loved how it turned out, you know I love intense colors and this stamp is a fave.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Through the Craft Room Door Week July 23-29: Always AG
2.  Outlawz Color Tuesdays July 16-29:Tic-Tac-Toe - I chose left-to-right diagonal Masculine / Ribbon / Blue.
3.  Moo Mania #195: Summer Holidays
4.  Scrapping 4 Fun #145: Tic-Tac-Toe - I chose middle row across Die Cuts / Pattern Paper / Blue.
5.  Moving Along with the Times #102: Splish Splash
6.  Your Scrapbook Place July: Always AG
7.  Time Out Challenges #140: Home Sweet Home Photo Challenge - the BEACH sign inspired me as my card is a beach scene.
8.  Outlawz Paper Saturdays July 20 - Aug 2: At the Beach
9.  Stamplorations Theme and Sketch Summer Challenge: Stamps + AG
10.  Colour Crazy Wk. 27: AG with Colouring - I used ProMarkers on my focal image.

That's all I've got for now. Until next time -- Stay crafty, my friends! XOX

17 comments:

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous card. Love your fantastic beach scene and those bold colors. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Furrbster said...

What a lovely card!

Thanks for playing along at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such awesome tropical colors. I really like the bold look of this card.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous card! I love the design with the bright colours and texture - perfect 😁. I'd love to be sat relaxing under that palm tree too ...lol 😉. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Jacq said...

Great card Aimeslee, love the beach scene and the vibrant colours. Fabulous male card, glitter and all! :)
Thanks for playing with us over at The Outlawz, Colour and Saturday challenges.

Jacqui
The Outlawz DT

froebelsternchen said...

Simply terrific Aimeslee! What a wonderful card! Thank you very much for joining in at Moo Mania & More!
Susi
xxx

Cath Wilson said...

A perfect sky and a gorgeous beach, Aimeslee - beautifully coloured :-) You make me want to go back to the Gulf Coast... I loved it there.
Happy Wednesday!
Cath x

Wendy L said...

So bright and beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Elizabeth Hart said...

A fantastic summer card with all the perfect colors. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

sandie said...

Well done for surviving the blood works! And after that you created this fab scene! I adore the rich colours in this and wow to the back texture-a joy to see you at Time Out

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Holy moly girlfriend!! This card rocks my world. It's the best job I've seen with this stamp yet and I'd love to CASE it except I'll end up forgetting to do it. Love the vibrant colours and layout.

Majda said...

What a very wonderful card and your work is excellently created. Love the beach scene and the vibrant colours.
Thank you for joining us over at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Majda DT

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing this beautifully coloured card with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge. Sarah DT

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Gorgeous! Good vibes indeed! It's a vacation on a card.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Gerrina said...

A beautiful tropical scene - one we would like to be in one time! Great those warm colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

valscraftings said...

Fabulous card, love the scene.
Thank you for joining in at Scrapping4funChallenges
DT Val x

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I want to be where those good vibes are, great colors. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With The Times.