Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Oh By Gosh By Golly!

I have a Christmas card to share this time that doesn't use your usual holiday colors. But it's plenty colorful!

I've used the current Fusion Challenge Sketch, as well as the Photo's ombre' colors.

Believe it or not, my decision to use the Fusion colors on a Christmas card came when I remembered I had this Big and Juicy Rainbow ink pad that matched well, so I practically HAD to use them! LOL I turned the inkpad photo sideways so you could see how they are used on my card. I began brayering them on, then abandoned that for my sponge dauber. I added some Distress Festive Berries red to the mix as well.

I have used one Casual Fridays stamp set for this card and the inside has a cute continuation of the card front's romantic sentiments. The card back has my well-used Lawn Fawn siggie stamped direct to paper. I used Versa Fine Clair Fallen Leaves as my stamping ink throughout.

Although the orange card base is SU, I ombre'-inked white Office Depot index card stock for the front and back card mats. I also inked the oval mats and the yellow horizontal element band. I added some pretty multicolor ombre' sheer ribbon with a gold trim from my stash to the top and bottom of the yellow front band, just peeking out, with matching gold sequins on the front. After I inked the front mat, I ran it through my Big Shot in a Crafters Conpanion A7 Holly Corner embossing folder to give the card some subtle texture up in the top right corner and along the top and side. So, with the mistletoe stamp, I really do have both mistletoe and holly on my card! hehehe :-)

 I colored my stamped image with Distress markers. I covered the bow with Sakura metallic gel pen and the berries with Sakura clear gel pen. It all makes for a nice little bling shine to the front, especially with the sequins.

One last look. This shot shows the subtle texture created by the embossing folder. It's very unexpected color choices for a Christmas card, but you know, I like it! It grew on me! (Heehee, Honey says I must have heat stroke!)

CHALLENGES:
1.  Fusion Card Challenge July 11-23: Sketch + Ombre' - I have played both the sketch and photo.  I followed the sketch  and inked my own papers in a multicolor ombre' pattern using the colors.

2.  Outlawz Color Tuesdays July 16-29: Tic-Tac-Toe - I chose the middle column this time (Dry Embossing/Ribbon/Pink).
3.  Crafty Hazelnut Christmas #447: Use a Die cut or Punch - My oval mats are Spellbinder dies.
4.  Outlawz Monday Greeting July 22-Aug 4: Brads / Sequins / Gems - I used Sequins.
5.  Happy Little Stampers Christmas July: ACG + Opt. Sparkle - I have sparkle on my image and the sequins and ribbon edging.  

6.  Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #80: Christmas in July 
7.  Colour Crazy Wk 27: Always AG with Colouring
8.  Scrapping 4 Fun #145: Tic-Tac-Toe - I chose  top row across (Stripes / Ribbon / Embellishment Sequins)
9.  Through The Craft Room Door for July 23-29: Always AG
10.  Use Your Stuff #368: Romance - Christmas Mistletoe is for kissing under - romantic.
11.  Stamplorations Theme and Sketch Summer Challenge: AG + Stamps

Well, that's all I've got for now. Thanks very much for stopping by! Have a good Wednesday! XOX

13 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

Jeanne J. said...

Your inking is amazing! I love the bold colors!

Meggymay said...

Really pretty Christmas card. The colours you used look lovely and its a great design.
Yvonne xx

Laurie said...

wonderful christmas card - i love the unique color scheme and the mistletoe stamp! thanks for joining the lost coast design challenge.

Jacq said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a colourful Christmas card Aimeslee and yet the colours work so well! Gorgeous card, I love it!

Thanks for playing with us again at The Outlawz Colour Challenge this fortnight and the Monday Greeting challenge too!

Jacqui
The Outlawz DT

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thud. Sorry, I fell onto the floor. LOL. So so stunning in those bright colours.

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Lovely card and such a wonderful card design! Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge.

Lori said...

Very nice! Love the use of non-traditional colors! Thank you for participating in the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Challenge Blog. Happy day!

Theresa said...

definitely unconventional christmas colours but it works well. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

Sheryl said...

Oooh I love this. Definitely non traditional colours but how stunning they look! Awesome job.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Sue - said...

A lovely colourful card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

sweet art designs said...

What a fun, merry and bright card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

ionabunny said...

Beautiful colourful creation. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz