Wednesday, July 3, 2019

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Challenge Mash-up

Happy Hump Day! It's still raining in my corner of the world. Not on my Mash-up Parade, though. The Christmas card I am sharing today includes different challenge elements: snow, snowflakes, non-traditional colors combo, foiled cardstock, a tree and spots/dots! And, it must be cute! ;-)


  
I used Split Coast Stampers' sketch #755, putting my own spin on it a bit but generally following it. I resized the sketch to A7 (5X7") in PSE.

My card base is Bazzill kraft card stock and all my images were stamped on it, too. Both the front and back are matted with dark blue SU card stock. I felt that kraft and dark/light blue with pink and green touches and gold and white accenting is a non-traditional enough color combo, my thought being you usually put silver with blue and gold and kraft with traditional reds and greens. And pink and lime green are definitely not traditional for Christmas. But, give it a few more years, haha.

I layered foiled card stocks by Bazzill and DCWV and here you can see the foil shine on the blue card. The gold card shines like that, too, in photo below. This is my "foiling" (the challenge allows foiled card stock) and my dots/spots.

For the sketch's vertical strip element, I combined a layer of kraft with some gold glittery washi tape and some dark blue snowflake washi. I chose not to color everything on each of my 3 stamped images, but what I did color was with colored pencil, ProMarkers and Sakura gel pens. I actually like how my images look because the kraft color is a color, too. I also was able to use the snowflake circle embellishments that I made for another card a while back and made a couple more than I needed..

Here is the back of my card, using leftover snippets from the front on top of an SU card stock mat. I haven't yet stamped any sentiments on the inside {GASP! heehee} as I have not yet received a stamp set that I want to use, so I'll add later.


I must confess that I know who made only one of my 3 images. But I just had to use them because they're so dang cute! The joy angel was given to me as a gift in a RAK and I never knew. I think the sledding boy is a Flourishes stamp but not sure. I do know the Christmas tree is a Crafters Companion stamp and the front sentiment stamp is Papertrey Ink. All stamping was done with VersaFine Clair Medieval Blue ink and everything was clear-heat-embossed except the sentiment. There's my cuteness and my tree challenge elements.


CHALLENGES:
1.  Jingle Belles JB:19:13: Snow Much Fun
2.  CHNBC #444: ACG + Opt. Snowflakes - I have played the option
3.  Sparkles Christmas Challenge #102: Include a Tree
4.  Sweet Stampin' Christmas June: ACG + Opt. Non-Traditional Colors - I've combined kraft, dark and light blue, gold, along with hot pink and lime green.
5.  Christmas with the Cuties #28: Cute with Spots and Dots
6.  PaperBabe Stamps Challenge #96: Spots and/or Stripes - I have spots
7.  Mix It Up Challenge #27: AG + Opt. Foiling - I have used 2 different foiled card stocks
8.  Colour Crazy Wk 24: AG with Colouring - I have used ProMarkers and colored pencils to color my images.
9.  MLCCB #12: ACG
10. Split Coast Stampers Wednesday Sketch #755 - Sketch shown above

I hope you liked this Christmas card. It's busy but many of my holiday cards are, and I'm a bit shameless about it, lol, and it is a challenge mash-up. I see two things I would do differently. Use only the blue dotted foiled cardstock and not the gold dotted. And I would mat the oval with dark blue SU (same as base mat)...and move it and the angel over just a tad toward the center of the card. Otherwise, call me happy!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate hearing from you so much.

Until next time, XOXOX

11 comments:

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your colour choices!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

SmilynStef said...

Love those fun polka dots ... so glad you celebrated SNOW with us at Jingle Belles.

Heather said...

Such a cute retro tree - love all the other elements you've included, too! I love the combo of kraft with other simple colors as well - so striking! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful Christmas card! The sketch worked so nicely and I love the sparkle from the foiled card too 😀. Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Silke said...

Such a great card with so many different and beautiful elements. Great take on the sketch. Many thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge.
Silke

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Im back from vacation .

This card rocks. I love all the elements you managed to fit on this lovely card.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I totally recognize the angel. It is from I Brake for Stamps. There are a couple other angels that say Peace and Love, I think. They are so sweet. Love your card!

Darlene said...

Fabulous holiday creation! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Jane Willis said...

Love how all the different elements come together to make a gorgeous card with loads of interest. Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas.

Marie Bingaman said...

That angel is so cute! I really like how you incorporated so much into one cohesive card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties! :)

~Marie B -DT

Paddington fan said...

What a cute Christmas card! Thank you so much for joining us over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge and I look forward to seeing you again soon, love Jacky x