Monday, July 1, 2019

Guest Designing for Paper Girls Challenge #179 - Fireworks!!!

Hello and Happy July 1st! Wow, we now officially begin the second half of 2019. Thanks for visiting me today. I have a special card to share with you.

I am so proud to be a guest designer for The Paper Girls Challenge Blog and this is my sample make for Challenge #179 with a Fireworks theme, which begins today. Please do pop over to the blog to see the Paper Girls Design Team's wonderful creations.

My inspiration for this card's design came from discovering that my A2-sized Darice Fireworks embossing folder fit inside this 16-year-old My Mind's Eye paper frame I've been hoarding for no reason. Once that sunk in, it was just a matter of figuring out how best to color those fireworks. I decided to ink up the inside front of the folder with Memento Paris Dusk inkpad and emboss some white card stock to create a dark blue background and white raised-impression fireworks. Now what?

I finally decided to take my Brilliance Galaxy Gold dewdrop inkpad and lightly run it over the embossed design's raised surface. And then I began feeling like I was on the right track because it looked pretty darn good, just needed some color variation in the explosions and some big time sparkle. I  added red, yellow and gold Winks of Stellas. And then a heavy coating of Crafters Companion's Clear Sparkle Brush Pen. I used Verve Visuals Starry Die to cut various sized stars which I added. I also added the 4 corner red squares and the largest stars on top of that. I'm very glad I did that as I realized after adding them, it gives weight to the frame.

 The inside of my card is pattern-papered wall to wall! I needed the extra strength of more paper layers, as this card base is Office Depot index card stock and thick but not stiff. And the extra paper helped. I stamped my inside sentiment on white card stock with stamps by Crafters Companion and Hampton Arts. Oops, I'd already signed it before remembering to snap a pic of the inside. It's going to our daughter and son-in-love.

And the back of my card uses still more of the same paper, which is more than a few years old and probably came from a DCWV paper stack. There is nothing on the back of the 12x12 sheets. I found a strip of red Bazzill textured cs in my paper scraps and added it and the mat, and my siggie stamps are by Sweet Stamp Shop.

I used a Lawn Fawn Everyday Banner die cut to stamp the Lawn Fawn sentiment on with VersaMark and gold heat embossing. And done! I hope that I have inspired you to create a fireworks-themed piece of your own and link it up to Paper Girls Challenge #179. Don't forget to check out the design team's work HERE. Hope your week is awesome!

Until next time,
XOX

6 comments:

craftytrog said...

Wow! That's a fabulous card! Always good to use those things we've been hoarding ;-)
Alison x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic Fourth of July card!

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot -beautiful card and love the embossed fireworks thought they were heat embossed TBH a great result
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Aimeslee! Beautiful creations! I think your fireworks card is the prettiest I've ever seen with the deep blue background and fantastic RWB framing. Just perfect, too, with that star right in the middle! Gorgeously done! hugs, de

Brittany M. said...

We are SO excited to have you guest designing with us for our Fireworks challenge! You really knocked it out of the park with this beautiful card! It is absolutely stunning! And to think, you gave fresh life to something from your collection from years back - I'm truly inspired! Thanks for joining us on the Paper Girls challenge blog!

Jessica Navarro said...

Aimeslee, thank you so much for your sweet, sweet comment on my blog! I haven't taken time to post my layouts for a long time, but recently tried to start engaging in challenges again. It's nice to know someone is out their taking a look and enjoying them. Your cards are adorable, by the way! I love making cards, but I never feel the time and effort is truly appreciated by the receiver (unless they are a crafter of course) :) Your's are a perfect example of a work of art, beautiful!