Friday, July 5, 2019

Blue Breezes Wedding Wishes

Hi there! Hope all is well with all y'all. I am popping in to share a wedding card I finished to mail to our nephew and his bride-to-be.

I wanted to try a monochrome-ISH shades of blue card, which is the current Rainbow Card Challenge. I looked carefully at the color mood board (shown below in challenges) and noticed there were definite blue-greens, so when I remembered I had this gorgeous Colorbok Bright Ideas patterned paper, I knew this was a great chance to use some. I also used 2 blue SU card stock shades and white Office Depot index stock for the card base and stamping.


  
I used Sketch Saturday's challenge to use a sketch from their archives. I chose #278 from 2013 and turned it sideways. I also resized it to 5x7 (A7) in PSE.

I stamped the Sweet n Sassy happy couple in VersaFine Clair Blue Belle ink and after letting it dry well, masked it to stamp the Lost Coast background stamp in VersaFine Clair Paradise ink. After that dried well, I matted it with a Spellbinders Scalloped Frame die cut. I stamped the Sweet n Sassy sentiment, added sequins and some sparkle with a clear Crafters Companion Sparkle Pen. There's also some flowered sheer lace from my stash peeking out on the left hand side, reminding me of a bride's wedding veil.

The inside of my card got completely papered because I love this Colorbok patterned paper so much. I used more Sweet n Sassy sentiments stamped with VersaFine Clair Blue Belle ink on a Spellbinders Scalloped Square die cut from SU card stock. I used still another sheet from this Colorbok collection on the back, along with an SU card stock mat underneath, snippets from the front and an Impression Obsession siggie stamp:

A close-up of the Sparkle Pen shimmer on the bouquet, veil and doorway opening:

One last look...
CHALLENGES:
1.  Sketch Saturday #570: Use a sketch from the archives - I chose Sketch 278 from 2013, shown above.
2.  Rainbow Card Challenge #7: Blue Breezes

3.  Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #79: Celebrate It! - I used an LCD stamp "Arches and Door". 
4.  Through the Craft Room Door for July 2: Always AG
5.  Three Muses: Brick Wall - the background in my stamped image
6.  Crafting from the Heart #246: Always AG

That's all for now. Thanks so much for the visit and have a great day! XOX

7 comments:

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time and good luck :)

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card. Love the blue and a beautiful way to use the arches stamp. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I just adore that couple stamps. Very pretty in blues. I love how you fully decorated the inside and back. It is a great card!

I was away on vacation but am back now and hoping to get back in the swing of things. Really wanting to get back into my craft room!

Laurie said...

Lovely card in shades of blue - my favorite color. The inside and back are as pretty as the front. And like how our framed your stamped image on the front with a pretty die cut. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

The Enticing Creation said...

Such a gorgeous monochromatic card with lovely weeding touch,congrats you your Nephew for new wedding life

Thank you so much entering our ATG challenge at ttcrd.blogspot.com Through the Craft Room Door this week.Looking forward to see you next challenge

Hugs
Rituparna DT TTCRD

My blog
theenticingcreation.blogspot.com

Jessica Navarro said...

Another beauty! Your nephew will love it, but I'm betting the bride appreciates it more! :) Love the monochromatic colors!

Mynn xx said...

What a stunning creation! I adore the use of the patterned paper--and the image is beautiful, too! Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx