Friday, July 12, 2019

Happy New Year Fireworks!

TGIF, My Dear Blogging Friends! Do you have some fun planned this weekend? I will be "Art-ing" as usual, especially since it's forecast to rain.

I am guest designing over at Paper Girls Challenge #179 - Fireworks, and I thought I would make one more card to share because the challenge doesn't close until tomorrow, July 13th at Midnite Mountain Time. In case you want to enter, here's some unconventional inspiration. Fireworks aren't just for patriotic national holidays. New Years is a common time for them. As I was looking through my UFAPs (UnFinished Art Projects), I spied a stack of multiple HNY card fixings that I'd gathered into box lids but never made. And this one was on top with the fireworks embossed panel I'd done in Hero Arts Neon purple dye ink, back when I did the panel in dark blue for my first fireworks card. (The purple looks more like pink to me and I have used it as such.)

 
I am crediting the current Tuesday Morning Sketch #511 as my "inspiration" because I began by following it and I used the sketch's elements, but not placed exactly the same in the end.  I opened the sketch in PSE and resized to 6x6. The fireworks were embossed with a Darice folder and the collage sheet image is from Gecko Galz Happy New Year sheet, page 2. The sheer ribbons (can you see them? 3 1/2-inch strips at top and a 1-inch strip at bottom) are from my stash.

My card base is from Colorbok's Spray Paint 12x12 pad. I added a mat of beautiful flowered and foiled card stock from SEI's Sunny Day set:

 
The paper I used is featured on front (turned 180 degrees) and what I used on the back is at bottom, second from left. The embossing was done on Office Depot 110# index stock.
Here's the inside of my card. I used stamps from Autumn Leaves and Verve Visuals and Hero Arts Neon purple dye ink.

And here's the back of my card, using a striped sheet from the SEI Sunny Day set. I simply used the strips I cut from the front and back sheets for interest behind the combined Technique Tuesday and Sweet Stamp Shop siggie stamps, with VersaFine Clair Summertime orange ink, clear-heat-embossed and then punched out.

 
I made the fireworks the focal point by coloring them in rainbow colors taken from the foiled flower paper and my image. I used Sakura Shimmer Gelly Roll pens and Smooch inks. Once they dried, I brushed on liberal coats of Smooch Glitz glitter inks in multiple colors, pooling it in circles in the fireworks' centers. I heat set with a hair dryer. Then I cut the panel around the fireworks with my old skool deco scissors.

I used my Sakuras to accent my collage sheet image in various places and traced over the confetti in the image. I chose the 2 smallest flag dies in Avery Elle-ments set to cut a frame to highlight the sentiment on the collage sheet image AND cut the Lawn Fawn word die Cheers, both out of OD index stock.

Finally, I went nuts with sequins from my stash! Haha LOVE being able to do that and New Years is the perfect occasion. It's quite satisfying to me to be able to just pile it on a card. And the bold colors and shimmer, glitter and shine speak to me. I just might keep this one and give it to myself! :-)))
.
Hope perhaps you are inspired to make a Fireworks card!

CHALLENGES:
1.  Tuesday Morning Sketch #511 - (Sketch shown above)
2.   Outlawz Monday Greetings July 8-21: Greetings + Christmas in July
3.   Creations in Pink #11: AG with Pink Main Color
4.   Paper Girls #179: Fireworks - JUST FOR FUN since I'm guest designing.
5.   Gecko Galz July Challenge: Midsummer Dream - In July, New Years is a midsummer dream! Collage sheet image is from GG Happy New Year sheet.
6.   Outlawz Color Tuesdays: July 2-16: Color Palette Pick 3 + Add a Flower - I chose pink, yellow, green and my background paper is foiled flowers.
7.  Mix It Up Challenge #27: AG + Opt. Foiling - my background paper is SEI Sunny Day foiled card stock.
8.  Scrapping4Fun #144: Holiday / Travel - I chose Holiday: New Years.
9.  Bugaboo Catch The Bug Challenge: AG
10.  Try It On Tuesday: Colours of the Rainbow
11. Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #79: Celebrate It!
12.  CHNPPC July: AG with Patterned Paper
13.  ABMTTC #95: Always AG
14.  Jingles Belles JB:19:14: Tic-Tac-Toe - I chose middle row (left to right) Embossing / Red or Green / Bling. On my holiday card, I used a fireworks embossing folder. I used both red and green. And I have lots of bling via my sequins, Smooch inks and gel pens.
15.  MLCCB #12: Anything Christmas Goes
16. Happy Little Stampers Christmas July: Anything Christmas + Opt. Sparkle

Well, I am off to sit with Honey and watch a movie. Keeping Lousiana and Mississippi in my prayers. Have a great night, XOX




22 comments:

Laurie said...

such a pretty and colorful card. love the touches of bling and how you highlighted the fireworks. thanks for joining the lost coast design challenge!

Mia said...

Great card. I love fireworks!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Gecko Galz. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Cath Wilson said...

I bet those fireworks look amazing with their glorious shine! Here in the UK, until recent years, we only ever had fireworks on Bonfire Night - 5 November - when we used to celebrate the capture of Guy Fawkes, who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament...as kids we made 'guys' of old clothes, stuffed, and threw them on the top of the bonfires most streets shared, eating potatoes baked in the fires, black peas and treacle toffee! Lots of families had their own private bonfires in their gardens... Health & Safety took care of all that and they're now banned, with only firework displays on the weekend nearest - or both weekends on either side of the date! I remember being surprised by fireworks for the 14th July when I lived in France - but now, we have them far more for celebrations and they're available all year round. The world evolves!
Love the way you decorate inside and back of your cards.
Thanks for playing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

Meggymay said...

I have had a lovely catch up on your posts. Thank you for your visits to see me on my blog. Your projects all look fantastic. You mentioned oxide inks and I have to say I was reluctant to buy as I have so many other products to use. However, they for me, are fantastic to use and I dont regret taking the plunge to buy.
I hope you are safe, the storms have been spoken about on our UK television weather stations.
Have a good weekend.
YVONNE XX

Jen Leeflang said...

Oh wow I love those fireworks! Thank for joining us at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog this week - good luck in the draw! Please join us again soon :)
Jen L
Bugaboo DT

valscraftings said...

Fab layout, love the fireworks.
Thank you for joining in at Scrapping4fun Challenges
DT Val x

Amanda said...

Love the colours you've used, good take on our theme for this month. Thanks for joining in over at Gecko Galz x Amanda x

Jacq said...

Those fireworks sure do pop off the card, Aimeslee! Love the colours you've chosen from our colour palette and great job on the twist with the flower background paper!
Thanks for joining in the fun at The Outlawz Colour Challenge!

SmilynStef said...

love the fun glitter & sparkle ... so very glad you joined us for our game of Tic-Tac-Toe at Jingle Belles.

Debbie said...

Fun card! The fireworks are awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Billie A said...

nice colorful card. So glad you shared over at Catch the bug.. (sorry I am late on commenting.. computer issues)

Carole J said...

Good to see you again. Aimeslee! Your New Year's fireworks project is fabulous - so colourful and full of texture. I love the GG image you used - it looks like a great party! Thanks for entering the Gecko Galz Midsummer Dream challenge this month. If you have time we would love to see you in our Facebook challenges too! x

Majda said...

What a fun card, love how you put it all together. Thank you for joining the Scrapping4fun.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT

lauren bergold said...

such a fun and vibrant design, the fireworks are soooo sparkly too! thanks for joining our tic-tac-toe fun (once more!) at JINGLE BELLES! :)

My name is Erika. said...

I love the fireworks and your art today Aimeslee. Did you get to so see any over the 4th? I didn't this year so you art was a great substitute for that. happy July! Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Aimeslee, he 'Fireworks' on your card look stunning. I love to watch the huge displays they have at New Year. We visited Hong Kong about 15yrs ago and stayed with my best friend who at the time had an apartment on Victoria Harbour - 40th Floor! There was a huge Fireworks Display on night and we watched from the window - the Fireworks were exploding at eye level - it was amazing and your card reminds me so much of them.
It's lovely to see you sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful design Aimeslee! Gorgeous! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday ! Happy weekend ahead! Susi xxx

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely card, love the fireworks
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a happy design and the rainbow colours look amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

BożenA said...

Incredible media card mix. Perfect for New Year wishes
Thank you for joining our fun at HLS Xmas.
Bożena DT HLS

Bobby said...

Thanks for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous fireworks. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz