Monday, June 10, 2019

Summer By The Sea

It's Monday, Lovelies! My day was sunny and warm, and since I'm retired the only stress involved is me getting this posted, lol. Hope yours is going as well or better! I've actually had a pretty awesome day. Catching up on my blog email subscriptions, and I learned my art was a winner or Top 3 in 4 challenges!!! WooHoo! I don't usually comment (I do always list them on my sidebar!), but finding out about 4 in one day is something I'd call a rarity! Like I always say, some folks play the Lotto, I play the blog challenges! A BIG THANK YOU to PaperBabe Stamps, Di's Digi Designs, The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and Stamplorations!

Well, I must have been on a Deco-Roll because I made another one. This 8x8" piece has been sitting in my UFAPs (Un Finished Art Projects) for almost 2 years, can you believe? I only know this because back then I had taken a photo of the "dry run" (the collage before glueing it down) and saved it to a folder on my computer for when I got that Round Tuit, lol. Thank goodness, for had I only had the collage elements I would not have remembered how to arrange them.

 Let's see: All of the vintage images except the fish and clouds (they are punched and die cut) and the birds (stamped) are from Gecko Galz collage sheets. I have listed the sheets below under Challenges. The base paper is Graphic 45 On the Boardwalk collection. I darkened the lower half with Distress Inks to be sand and have accented this by using strips of German foil scrap I inked with Brilliance Galaxy Gold. The blue top and bottom border strips were cut with a wave border punch and then stamped with border stamps and heat-embossed.

 This is the back. I adhered another G45 sheet of ladies on the beach and water. I always like to cover the back first in case I end up with a lumpy front.

Here's some close-ups and final view before listing the challenges I've linked up to:

















CHALLENGES:
1.  Gecko Galz June Customer Challenge: Good Old Summertime - I have used images from the following GG Collage Sheets: By The Sea, Splish Splash, and Monthly Sheets for July 2016, July 2017 and August 2017.

2.  Scrapping4Fun Challenge #142: Summer
3.  Art Journal Journey: Words To Live By
4.  Use Your Stuff Challenge #362: Vintage - I have used many vintage-style collage sheet images.
5.  Crafty Creations Challenge #391: Always AG
6.  Love to Scrap Challenge #122: No Rulz 3
7.  Moo Mania Challenge #192: Things with Wings
8.  Saturday Paper A La Mode Challenge June 8 - June 21: Fish or Owl - I have fish at the bottom.
9.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #27: AG with a Critter - I have fish, pelican, birds and a seahorse.
10.  Time Out Challenge #137: Nature - location is the beach and the sea

11.  Crazy 4 Challenges C4C487: Add Sand  - I used inked paper and border scrap to represent sand.

That's it for me! Thanks so much for visiting. Have an awesome evening and week! xoxo



16 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This is a wonderful vintage, feminine, and heartwarming Summertime piece!! A Masterpiece of beauty! Thank you for joining in at Moo Mania & More as well as at Art Journal Journey dear Aimeslee! Much appreciated! Susi xxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A BIG congratulations on so many wins! Well done!

Love your art deco. You really know how to place items in such a pleasing and interesting manner.

Have a great day Aimes--hugs, Bethie

Halle said...

Congrats on the wins! I love your vintage inspired piece. The layers of elements are wonderful.
Thanks for linking up with Words to live by on AJJ!

Amanda said...

absolutely Love your collage, everything's placed so well, you notice different things every time you look at it. Thanks for joining in Gecko Galz xx Amanda

Carole J said...

This is a fabulous summer time collage, Aimeslee! So good to see your wonderful art again in our challenges at Gecko Galz. Thank you for joining the fun and good luck with your entry! xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous vintage collage, all those bathing belles look beautiful. I'm sure they will have an adventure by the sea, a super quote to use.
Congratulations on your wins.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful piece! I love the vintage vibe and those images are fabulous 😁. Congratulations on your wins and wishing you a wonderful week! Jo x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Fun images and a great collage! Must have been fun to make!

Anita in France said...

These art deco bathing beauties sure look as though they're having a fun time, Aimeslee ... your detailing and composition are fabulous! Anita :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm always impressed with your art, but this vintage beauty is simply stunning. No detail was overlooked and each element was absolutely perfect. I loved following along with your description as you explained your use of each piece. You certainly deserve to win, so congratulations are in order. Thanks, too, for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Gorgeous Summer collage! Love all the lovely vintage pictures
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Art Deco piece and love all the vintage images and sea borders.Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap
Carol DT x

Archana Sehgal said...

Absolutely Fabulous.. Thank you so much for participating at scrapping4funchallenges..
DT Archana Sehgal

Archana Sehgal said...

Absolutely Fabulous.. Thank you so much for participating at scrapping4funchallenges..
DT Archana Sehgal

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Very fun Vintage beach scenes. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out.

Robin Francini said...

Oh I love your project! So my style! Thank You for joining us at Scrapping4fun challenges!