Tuesday, June 25, 2019

All Things Grow With Love

Greetings, Friends! It was a dark and soggy day here on the Texas Third Coast. We are all drenched in steady rain, but thankfully no flooding around me. We met our good friends tonight for dinner ribs and only had to drive a few blocks or I'd probably have cancelled, lol. It's perfect Hunker-Down at Home weather this week.

 That makes my share today pretty timely! It's a home decoration tag for my Summer collection. I have had the die cuts - the top branch, the birdie and the bird feeder - in a UFAP (UnFinished Art Project) tray with the white card stock #8 tag for months. Finally got tired of looking at the tray and moving it around so I just went ahead and made something!

 The background was sponged with Hero Arts Neon Dye inks, the edges were distress-inked and then I arranged my pieces on the tag to see how it looked. Since my scene is up in the air in the highest tree branches, I decided I needed some tree-tops underneath. So I found an All-Nite Media stamp in my stash from this set:

I inked up the tree (and careful not to ink up the trunk) and began stamping the bottom of the tag with a few different green shades of Ranger Archival ink. I even did some stamping-off for the tree tops in the distance. I think that idea turned out pretty nicely.
I stamped the sweet phrase All Things Grow With Love in the bottom corner with VersaMark and heat-embossed with my Ranger Lemon Yellow EP. Against the dark ink of the tree tops, the sentiment stands out brightly.

 Then I stamped the Home Sweet Home at the top and heat-embossed with my yellow-green EP mixture from last week's makes. Of course it doesn't stand out as much, so I took a Stabilo Aquarelle green pencil and outlined the letters.
 Since the birdie die cut is flying in mid-air about to land, what more perfect spot than onto the bird feeder! Works for me!
I at first tried hanging the feeder from the top branch but it looked really crowded and I couldn't position the birdie well. SO....rooted around in my stamps and came up with a very old Sass-A-Fras Lass branch stamp that looked similar. Inked it up with Acorn VersaFine Clair and then colored it with my ProMarkers and fussy cut it out. I think it fits right in there!

I was trying to depict a sweet crib for this birdie where she has all the amenities of home in one place. Room and Board, Bed and Breakfast, Short Commute...I thought of all those to add, but in the end went with the two phrase stamps, both so old that I am still trying to remember who made them, sorry.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Tag Tuesday: Wings
2.  Outlawz Color Tuesday June 18-July 2: Color Board + Opt.Twist Add a Bird - I've played the option.
3.  Rainbow Card Challenge #6: Neon Rainbow
4.  Stamping Sensations: Show Your True Colors
5.  Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies June Challenge
6.  Take a Word: Hot Colors
7.  Sparkles Monthly Challenge #117: No Patterned Paper 

I hope you liked my tag and I thank you for visiting me today. Happy arting and don't forget to laugh at every opportunity, it's good for you! XOX

15 comments:

AlisonC said...

That is a great sky and stamped background. It's so bright and cheerful and inking is always the best. It's grey and damp here just now but we are promised hot weather in the next few days. We'll see. I hope yours improves. x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag, beautiful background and great colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday again. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

A lovely bright and happy creation, thanks so much for joining in with our June theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful tag! I love the way you blended the colours for the background - so pretty 😁. I hope you are having a lovely week, enjoy! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

It looks a lovely set of stamps you used to create these beautiful summer projects. they will look lovely in your home. Saturday must haave been a difficult day for you and your family
All your cards look fabulous, its good to have a few handy for occasions we may have forgotten.
Have a good week.
YVONNE XX

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tag love the inky sky and beautiful tree stamp-the branches with the bird feeder fit perfectly
Carol x

Basslady said...

this looks gorgeous!

thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, you've created a fabulous background for you tag. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Sandra Wright. said...

I just love how you created the background on your tag with the upper part of the tree stamp. it's really very effective.
A fab entry for our "Wings" theme..Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday...x

Mynn xx said...

What a darling creation! The scene you made is so lovely and summery! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful artwork.

Marlies said...

A beautiful tag with a very nice design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Dora said...

What a beautiful tag. Great made.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Rainbow Card Challenge this time and good luck :)

sue t. said...

Awesome creations! Thanks for joining us this month at The Rainbow Card Challenge!!