Saturday, June 22, 2019

A Fun Fold Get Well Wish

Howdy, Blogging Friends, thanks for dropping by. It has been a week since my last post. My Real Non-Art Life needed me. We had my dad's Committal Service at the church last Saturday morning and it went really well. Then lunch with Dear Daughter and Son-In-Love and off to a Celebration of Life in the afternoon for a dear friend who passed. And Sunday was Father's Day, my first without my Dad. On Monday, I think it all hit me and I slept on and off until Wednesday, when I decided enough of that and began planning 3 cards. I have finished one and am sharing it today.

I need more Get Well and Sympathy cards, and I wanted to use this adorable Helz Cuppleditch stamp I bought long time ago from Stampavie. The card is A2-size and is almost all made from snippets I found in my paper scraps drawers. No whole sheets of paper were sacrificed hehe. Even the DCWV card base was pre-cut a while back, all I had to do was score it and follow the sketch I chose.

 

And that's when I looked at the Try Stampin on Tuesday sketch and saw a Z-Fold card, which is funny since that is also the optional technique! I have seen lots of fun folds by other card makers lately and I guess I got bitten by the bug. 

And if you will notice, the stamp doesn't include the floor. I got some masking practice in, too!

 
 This is my new masking paper. I love it, not too sticky but just right, stays down yet comes up cleanly. I stamped the image using VersaFine Clair Nocturne onto a Ranger Distress Specialty Stamping sheet and clear-heat-embossed. Then I stamped again onto my masking paper with Ranger Archival Jet Black and fussy cut my mask out.

 I applied my mask and stamped the Lost Coast Perspective Floor with VersaFine Clair Morning Mist, removed the mask and clear-heat-embossed.

Et Voila'! Ready to color with my ProMarkers. I think that grey floor looks pretty nifty, don't you? Especially after coloring the image:

All of the paper snippets I used were from a DCWV paper stack bought long ago, I think maybe a Summer Stack, not sure. It had lots of florals but also patterns and solids. I used my circle punches for the Crafty Secrets sentiment. I tried to photograph the card as it opened up and the various surfaces, so you'd get an idea of it:




 Okay, I just noticed the incorrect grammar on the Hope Your Feeling Better Soon stamp! Should be YOU'RE. Gosh! I may have to try to draw an e and an apostrophe and then throw that stamp away because I can't use that. Thanks, Autumn Leaves! I'd complain but they've been out of biz for years. Oh well! The vintage-y and grammatically eloquent sentiment on the left is Crafty Secrets. And I had another Get Well Soon stamped in a circle to add to the back of the front one.


 I was so thrilled to get all the way through making this WITHOUT SCREWING UP that I forgot to do a siggie on the back. Probably will just use my big Lawn Fawn Handmade with Love and stamp it directly onto the patterned paper, after I get through drawing that e. Here is a final view:

 I hope you liked seeing my card. I'm pretty proud of it as I did it all organically, figuring out as I went. It was time-consuming but not hard because it was a very simple fold.  Heaven forbid I'd follow a tutorial or watch a you tube, lol, even though as a newbie to fun folds I SURE COULD USE IT! Some of the cards I have seen make me dizzy thinking how to make them!  I had fun and concentrating on it helped me feel better after an emotional week. I do love how this card follows the sketch AND it's a fun-fold, too!

CHALLENGES:
1.  TSOT #412 Sketch + Fun Fold Technique - I did both! Sketch is shown above
2.  I Love ProMarkers #386: AG + Opt. More Than One Layer - I have played the option with multiple paper layers!
4.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies #27: AG with a Critter - I have a bear featured on my focal image.
5.  613 Avenue Create #222: AG + Opt. More than One Fold - I have played the option and made a Z-fold card with 3 folds.
6.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #354: AG with a Snippet - Yes, please include me in the draw this time, thanks!

Until next time,
xox

17 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

My favourite floor stamp, Aimslee - I use that so often and really love it, especially for black and white cards. This is a really nice card - a lovely fold, but also a very gentle, calming card. I feel for you with your Dad, too. I lost my Dad last year and it affects you at the strangest of times, doesn't it? Sort of blindsides you when you're not expecting it. A sad time and you have my sympathies, bless you.
Cath x
PS I still haven't used the Father's Day stamps I had out to make him a card with when he died, but I do intend to still make him that card one day...think about doing that. He'll know ;-)

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute get well card and image -great masking too and love the pretty floral papers.I lost my dad 10 yrs ago and still see something that strikes a memory and just hits you!!!
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Aimeslee! What a fantastic creation, and so beautifully colored! I love your background papers, and the pretty fold! Sweet as can be! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Crafty Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Heather said...

This is so adorable (incorrect grammar and all!)!! Such a sweet image and that floor is fabulous!! Great fold, too! AND you used the sketch, too? Bonus points for you. : ) Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

Jackie C said...

Gorgeous card and so pretty too! ! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

ike said...

Oooh so cute and I love how you put the whole scene together.
Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

crafty said...

A lovely card.Thank you for joining in the Crafting From the Heart challenge..
Mary

~ginny said...

Aimeslee, thank you so much for sharing your project with us! I like the checkerboard floor you put in with some masking. Nicely constructed Z-fold which meets our challenge for 'More than One Fold'!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Heather said...

Such a cute get well scene - so much amazing coloring here! Love yoru choice of folds, too - perfect! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

crafty-stamper said...

HI Aimeslee just read your lovely comment-the nali varnish technique is sooo easy and no mess believe me and you need the cheapest nail varnish as that works best---yes you conted right we will have been married 50 years in Dec -how time flies.
Carol x

Donna Scholz said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee! A super job of masking, and talented coloring, too! I like how you integrated the sketch in with your z-fold card! Well done!!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well, Aimslee you’re educating me. Didn’t know what Z fields were though had heard of them, I rather like it and not into some fold cards at all .. don’t like over the top that some of them. Love the floor stamp, I didn’t know they existed either. 😊 great card.
So agree re typo. I just stamped a new stamp from Sweet n Sassy set, a few weeks back. It’s a bible verse quote and they’ve misquoted. I didn’t discover it till posting photo of it, in blog suddenly looked at it, and Card was already on the way. I’m not sure what to do about it, the set has been discontinued so guess that’s why.
Thanks for popping over, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Di said...

Wow - what a great card Aimeslee! And who knew there were floor stamps to be had - not me for sure. You did a great job!

I've been reading back a bit about your Dad passing, before you came to the Snippets playground for the first time I think. You mention 'Time' and Len always says 'Let Time be your friend'. I think that's quite wise - we can't rush the grieving process, so it's better to accept that Time will be there for us as we move forward. I'm sure you have this all weighed up honey. Just that it struck such a chord with me!

I haven't done a final check but do remember to say if you want to be in the prize draw for the set of dies and the lily stamp.

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Found your comment Aimeslee and have added you to the prize draw! xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Aimeslee! I am back to thank you for your very kind comment posted on the Lavinia World Blog. I appreciate your thoughtfulness! hugs, de

Sall said...

Aww that is truly wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Borqna said...

Wow, this is awesome card.
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Good luck!
On July 2-th, our Challenge # 122 starts with the letter "G" - check and participate again!