Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Sweet Treats for Christmas

Happy Hump Day! I started back on physical therapy this week for my spinal arthritis's after too many years and I am so sore! Card-making to the rescue - it does take my mind off of it (which is why I got into hobby art back in 2004, but I digress).

Today I'm sharing a fun and definitely homemade-looking Christmas card that is so full of Old-Skool stuff it should be in a time capsule, lol. Not much stamping on the front, just the sentiment. I have used some new-ish (to me) enamel dots, and Thistle Stickles and a Sakura Hot Pink Glitter gel pen on the little Ginger Peeps.

  
I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch (it was current until today but no expiration, thank goodness). I turned the sketch on its side.

 The gingerbread peeps are all old Sizzix dies made for the original Old Red machine, which I still have, as a matter of fact. (Makes an awesome doorstop and it crushes bottle caps like nobody's business.) The little Gingers are on a Sizzlit strip and the big Ginger is a Red Originals steel cut die. I saved my original platform and plates and they all cut beautifully in my Big Shot.

 The ticket strip behind the little Gingers is an old Tim Holtz Sizzix Sizzlet strip. And the scalloped circle dies are old Spellbinders and Little B's. The Sweet Treats sentiment is from an old Clear Dollar stamp set. The patterned paper is old 12 x 12 Doodlebug and Daisy D's. My skinny white satin ribbon is old. Heck, even the googlie eyes are old!

 Here is the inside of my card. The sentiment stamps I used are Hot Off The Press, Stamplorations and Clear Dollar. A good mash-up for my card theme!

And the back of my card, where I used the snippet of scalloped circles and a ticket die I cut off of the front along with a snippet from cutting my Kraft card base. The siggie stamp is Impression Obsession. All stamping was done using VersaFine Clair inks in Charming Pink and Nocturne.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Sketch 749
2.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Challenge: November - Gingerbread
3.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Challenge: May - Plaid or Gingham checks - my pink patterned paper is Plaid
4.  More Mixed Media Challenge May: AG + Opt. PINK - I've played the optional pink!
5.  Outlawz Crash Your Stash May-June: Googlie Eyes
6.  Outlawz Festive Fridays May 17-30: Christmas Theme
7.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge #10: Anything Christmas Goes
8.  Happy Little Stampers Christmas May: ACG + Opt. Circles - I used scalloped circle dies and my enamel dots and googlie eyes are circles.
9.  Jingle Belles JB:19:10: Old-Fashioned Christmas
10.  ABC Christmas May: K is for Kids - I have a little gingerbread kid and kids love gingerbread and sweet treats

As always, Thank you so much for visiting me and I hope you are getting artsy and having fun! Laterz, XOXOXOX

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What cookie fun ... adorable card ... so glad you celebrated an old-fashioned Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a wonderful card. Loving the pink plaid with the gingerbread. Wow, looking at your side bar, you're a winner in everyone's books, including mine!

Dorte said...

Lovely Christmas card with a sweet gingerbread man. Fab colour combo. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at ABC Christmas Challenge! Good luck and we hope you’ll come back for the next challenge.
Dorte x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute and fun Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt