Sunday, May 19, 2019

My Official Faux-Vintage Christmas Card

Hi again, my second post for this pleasant Sunday. Hoping your weekend was refreshing!

I made this card with the Jingle Belles in mind. I played my card from my last post at their current Old-Fashioned Christmas challenge, but I felt it wasn't really vintage-y enough, so I made this one with Tim Holtz stuff because Tim is the King of Official Faux-Vintage (shabby and distressed version). I don't really own any "real" vintage materials, like the kind you find at estate sales, auctions, or even good charity shops. I'm not into that, so my paper and stamps will have to do. ;-)

  
The sketch I used is Mojo Monday's current one, #515. I resized it to 5x7 in PSE.

 
I used a sheet from each of these 8x8 Paper Stash pads by Tim Holtz. I really wanted to put the plaid on front as my base mat, but when I saw the sheet that had the same vintage decoration brands as on the stamp (Ribbon Icicles, etc.), well, I just had to use that sheet on front. So the plaid went to the back. I did use one piece on the front as a mat for the stamped image.

I used stamps from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection (image) and Lawn Fawn (sentiment frame) and See-D's (sentiment) on the front of the card. Hot Off The Press and Hero Arts on the inside and Technique Tuesday and Sweet Stamp Shop on the back.

I stamped and diecut the banner frame and then stamped the sentiment on it. I also distressed all the patterned paper edges with Tim's distress tool. I also used my Fiskars 4-way punch on the black card stock layers for a little added interest.


Here's the inside and the back of my card. I left my usual siggie off the back for now, as this is kind of a snarky card inside and I may want to play that up with a siggie stamp I have, provided this card ends up going to someone who would appreciate it. So I will add that later.

  
Here are some close-ups of my coloring of my focal image. You can click on them to make them larger. I used various Distress inks and a sponge finger dauber, and then edged it in Black Soot.

CHALLENGES:
1. Jingle Belles JB:19:10: An Old'Fashioned Christmas
2. Mojo Monday Sketch 515
3. Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Challenge CCC19MAY: Plaid or Gingham Checks - the back of my card has plaid paper and the top mat of the focal stamped image on front is as well.
4. Outlawz Festive Friday for May 17-30: Christmas Theme
5. Winter Wonderland May: Anything But a Square Card - mine is a 5x7 rectangle
6. Through the Craft Room Door for May 14-20: Always AG
7. Crafty Creations #390: AG Always

I thank you for visiting me and hope you enjoyed my card. Hope Monday goes well for us all, xoxox.

7 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You're rockin this town! Your striking card jumped right out at me. Love the colour combination and the DP you used. Fantastic work Aimes. Hugs - Bethie

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog for the current challenge the theme is “Anything But a Square Card” and the sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Meggymay said...

A fabulous vintage Santa image on this traditional card. The paper layers all look lovely as well.
Yvonne xx

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! another terrific addition to the "old fashioned xmas" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! i love the images and papers you've combined bc YES, TH really does vintage-style wonderfully well! love that the inside and back are decorated, as well... so very cool! ♥

SmilynStef said...

love love love ... one of my favorite vintage Santas with awesome vintage paper ... so glad you joined us again at Jingle Belles for our Old-Fashioned Christmas

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Lovely old fashioned look.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Carol S. said...

A great vintage card and thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope you will join us again, Carol S. DT