Thursday, May 23, 2019

Sarah Kay's Elodie in Her Garden: Tag to Card

Hallo, Blogging Lovelies! Another fine day to get into all kinds of mischief and I hope yours was enjoyed.  Here in the USA we have Memorial Day weekend coming up. Honey and I have no special plans. He's excited to go play golf tomorrow and I'm excited to play with my art, as usual. :-))))
As I mentioned the other day, I am trying to play more often over at Tag Tuesday, and the new theme is Gardening, as is Stamping Sensation's. So I've made a garden tag that I then put on a birthday card, as you will see later in my post. First, my tag:

I took a white #8 shipping tag (I've finally learned the tag #'s!) and cut the bottom off an inch so it would fit on my 5x7 card better. Using various colors of VersaFine Clair ink, I stamped the adorable Elodie in Her Garden by Sarah Kay first, then I stamped the flowers (from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb and Avery Elle's So Happy sets), then the scalloped stitiched border stamp by Sassafras Las.

Finally I stamped the grass from the Papertrey set at the very bottom in green and heat-embossed it. It's a solid (silhouette) stamp so the grass blades aren't outlined, but I think it's a cool effect when you see it IRL. Next, I began coloring with my ProMarkers...the sky, Elodie and the ground. I added die cut clouds (My Favorite Things) to the sky.

To add some sparkle, I took my trusty Sakura clear Glaze gel pen and added it to all the flower centers, the watering can water and nozzle and the bugs. It doesn't show up that well for the camera, but I did try some close-up shots of it:



Finally, I added some colored Tim Holtz Jute String (aka Twine) to the top of the tag and called it done!

TAG CHALLENGES:
1.  Tag Tuesday: Gardening
2.  I Love ProMarkers Challenge #384: AG + Opt. Flowers - I have played the flowers option and colored everything not solid-stamped with my ProMarkers.

Now, onto the making of my birthday tag card!
___________________________________________________

The first thing I did was decide that the jute twine I'd tied bulkily onto my tag was not going to work on the card (that I will likely mail). So I pulled out a big flat brad from my stash, pulled the brad prongs apart, popped some glue dots onto the back of the brad and laid some shorter pieces of the twine across it, rejoined the prongs and inserted the brad in the tag hole. Ta-Da!

 
I used Paper Babe's current sketch and also played some other challenges, including two Bingos and two color challenges for purple (and don't forget the two garden challenges). After solving the twine issue, I decided to die cut another larger cloud and add it on top of the one on the tag that is partially cut off because it gave the card more continuity overlapping my sentiment.

I used washi tape from my stash, as I just happened to have a lovely flower pattern that matched my color scheme of predominantly purple with complementary blues and greens. One of my Bingos called for Spots, so I used Donna Salazar's 5x7 Bubble Wrap embossing folder on a card stock mat same color as my SU card base, to get the spots and also to give the card a subtle texture (and I think it also reminds one of a garden walkway). My sentiments were all stamped in VersaFine Clair and are made by Clear Dollar, Impression Obsession and Wild Rose Studio. I heat-embossed the Happy Birthday circle.


Here's the inside of my card and the back. The inside sentiment is by Crafty Secrets and the back siggie stamp is Impression Obsession. I found a large snippet of Colorbok Spray Paint card stock to mat  the back with and a snippet of the leftover purple card stock with some green out of my scraps to decorate behind the siggie.

 I hope you enjoyed seeing my tag and birthday tag card. The garden challenges gave me the perfect  opportunity to use my Elodie stamp by the wonderful Aussie artist Sarah Kay and stamp her little flower garden scene. And that made me a happy girl. I will leave you with some detail shots and a final view and then my card challenges:




CARD CHALLENGES:
1.  Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #93: Sketch - Sketch is shown above
2.  Bugaboo Catch the Bug Saturday Challenge: May B-I-N-G-O - I'm playing LEFT 3 DOWN: Sparkle / Twine / Washi Tape. The sparkle is my Glaze gel-penning, the twine is the jute string behind the tag brad and the washi tape is the flowered vertical strip on the left hand side.
3.  Outlawz Color Tuesdays Challenge May 21-Jun 3: Purple + 2 Colors + Tell Us Your Twist - My two colors in addition to predominantly Purple are Blue and Green, and my twist is Use Washi Tape.

4.  Cutie Pie Challenge #135: B-I-N-G-O - I'm playing LEFT TO RIGHT 3 UP DIAGONALLY: Spots / Dies / Flowers. The spots are on my embossed card mat, the dies are the clouds and the flowers are stamped.
5.  Sparkles Monthly Challenge #116: PURPLE - Purple is the dominant color on my card.
6.  Try it on Tuesday Let's Party: 10th Birthday Share
7.  A Bit More Time To Craft #92: Always AG
8.  Lost Coast Designs #76: Use Some Words - I have 3 stamped sentiments on my card front.
9.  Colour Crazy Week 19: Anything Goes with Colouring - I've colored my tag with ProMarkers.
10.  Through the Craft Room Door May 21-27: Always AG
11. Jo's Scrap Shack #282: Always AG
12. Crafts Galore Encore #63: AG
13. Your Scrapbook Place May: AG
14. Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge May 13-26: Birthday card
15. Stamping Sensations May: In an English Country Garden - I have made stamping the focus of this card and I have given details of all my stamping process and the stamps in my blog post.

That's it for me this post. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me! I hope to get caught up on my visiting. I'll be back very soon...I have several arty irons in my fire and a free weekend ahead of me. Best of all, no more physical therapy for a week! Ha! I have homework, though, darnit! {grins}

25 comments:

Laurie said...

wonderful color palette and cute card. thanks for joining the lost coast design challenge!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a pretty tag, and I love that you made it into such a lovely card. My daughter used to love the Sarah Kay images when she was small, so great memories for me, too! Thanks so much for joining us again at TT, much appreciated! Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

I love the little bits of detail you explained in your blog post - so descriptive. Using the cut twine the way you did was a great idea and the washi tape, too. Love the added cloud to continue the design and your grass scallop works perfectly with your beautifully coloured image. Great colour matching there.
Thank you so much for joining in our tenth birthday celebration at Try it on Tuesday. Always good to see you here :-)
Cath x

Little Artbee said...

Card and Tag look so nice and are perfectly coloured. I love Sarah Kay motifs so much since I was a young woman.
Dear greetings
Sabine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love Sarah Kay. You did an awesome job with this tag. The way you added your twine is very unique--love it! Have a nice weekend Aimes, hugs, Bethie

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very pretty & great detail. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Lynne K said...

A really lovely design and the tag is just gorgeous! Perfect card for our English Garden challenge. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Eileen Bergen said...

It's a wonderful tag, Aimslee. Elodie is darling and the card is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at TioT with multiple entries. Wow - I think there have been 4!! Have a great weekend. Eileen xx

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic tag/card I love the colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Catch the Bug. Guest DT Shona xx

Joan said...

A very pretty tag with such a cute image and lovely colours, I love how you added it to a card, looks lovely

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Joy Wilson said...

Beautiful tag! Your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for our May Bingo Challenge! Good luck with your entry! Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Bugaboo DT

brenda said...

A perfect image for our theme and like the combination of blues and greens, they always work so well together. Thanks so much for joining in with our 'English Country Garden' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Rosie said...

A lovely tag

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Pia S said...

I’m sorry I’m late visiting, but so glad I did, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug. Pia, Bugaboo DT

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh Aimeslee! You brought joy in my heart with memories of Sarah Kay -as I was a very big fan of her girls as I was a 12 or so. A wonderful tag!!! You have such a hand for colours and design!
Gorgeous! Thank you very much for joining in at Try It On Tuesday!
Happy weekend
Susi xxx

Marlies said...

A lovely card wih an adorable Sarah Kay stamp. A very nice idea of putting her on a tag. Sweet card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Joan said...

What a sweet image! I love your coloring and layering of the stamps - great job!

Cicci said...

Ohh so beautiful card and Love this colors you have used!! WONDERFUL!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT

Cicci With the Pen {My Blog}

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous tag and card. Love how you did the tall flower. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation beautiful design and choice of colours!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge May "ATG".
Ileanaxx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

She is fabulous. Love the textures, colors and overall design. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Colour Crazy Challenge. AJ DT CCC

Lisa xx said...

Thank you for joining in with the Cuties, this is so sweet

Michele said...

this is just the sweetest tag! xo

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, so sweet..Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge :)
Wendy x

Paddington fan said...

Such a pretty card, love that image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sparkles Monthly, and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x