Friday, May 24, 2019

Gingerbread Squared

TGIF, Blogging Lovelies! Sure hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.


I had die cut an extra Sizzix Gingerbread Man leftover from the card I made the other day, so... I made another Gingerbread Christmas card. Can't leave those just laying around, right? This time I used different colors of papers and added candy canes.

   
 I used the current sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, sizing it to a 6x6 card in PSE and employing the Grid function to help me measure my paper layers.

  
All of my patterned papers came from this 8x8 Paper Studio collection, 12 Days of Christmas. My candy canes and peppermint were die cut using this Impression Obsession Peppermint Stamp & Die combo, which I was afraid of for the longest but once I actually tried it was pretty easy. The secret to it is, the block stamp has a frame outline that gets stamped that helps you align the block die. And of course, Mr. Sizzix Old Skool steel-cut Gingerbread Man die was used as well.

The vintage Saint Nick's Choice label is an old 12x12 Melissa Frances "paper" from one of her Christmas collections. It was an entire glossy card stock sheet of different labels that I cut up and have used from over the years. And the pearly white card stock base and the black shimmer card stock I used to mat my paper are Bazzill. The candy canes are inked, but the G-Man's red and green details are colored with ProMarkers.

Here's the inside of my card. I used sentiments by Sweet n Sassy, Papertrey Ink and Clear Dollar. The candy cane stamp is also Clear Dollar.

Here's the back of my card. I used leftover snippets from the front on top of a black and white plaid. The round siggie stamp is Impression Obsession.

 I gave this G-Man even bigger Googlie Eyes this time and it cracks me up every time I look at him. And I had to give him peppermint candy buttons with a candy cane in each hand. This dude is hyped up on sugar, no doubt! There are so many good papers to choose from in the collection I used, but I chose two papers with text on them because the new Jingle Belles challenge is 'Text Me' - celebrate text, including texty papers. With those and the vintage label, no front sentiment was needed.


 You can see the text in the green paper...


Some detail shots, above, and a final look and then my Challenges:


CHALLENGES:
1.  Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch 160 - Sketch is shown above.
2.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Challenge May: Plaid or Gingham Check
3.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Challenge November: Gingerbread
4.  Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge May 17-30: Christmas Theme
5.  Outlawz Crash Your Stash Challenge May-June: Googlie Eyes
6.  Jingle Belles Challenge JB:19:11 : Text Me
7.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge MLCCB#10: May Anything Christmas Goes
8.  Creative Crafters #16: Anything Goes
9.  A Bit More Time to Craft #92: Always Anything Goes
10.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge May: Anything Goes with Patterned Papers
11.  ABC Christmas: K is for Kids
12.  Crafty Creations #391: Always Anything Goes
13.  Jo's Scrap Shack #283: Always Anything Goes

That does it for me this post. I appreciate your visit and you are welcome here anytime! xoxox

9 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Aimes, I am in love with this card. You really followed the sketch to a T. That gingerbread man is so adorable. Hugs, Bethie

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Creations this Month.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Crafty Creations DT

SmilynStef said...

Awesome job with the sketch ... and I love his peppermint buttons ... so glad you got text-y with us at Jingle Belles.

anne said...

What a fabulous take on our Sketch and a super fun card. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation Linda, so adorable! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Wei said...

Just gorgeous. Love the layout and all the details. And great combination of the challenges, too. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Priya said...

Cute card for holidays . Thanks for joining us at The creative crafters
DT Priyadarshini

lauren bergold said...

those g-bread men look good enough to eat, yum yum! love the texty accents as well. thanks for getting texty with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥