Friday, May 17, 2019

Remembering You in Black and White

Hiya, me again! And it's Fri-YAY, too! Aren't y'all lucky? hahaheehee ;-)

Just some FYI -- I will be posting another card later today. I'm on a card-making roll, apparently, which I may have just jinxed but oh well, lol. Today I'm sharing another Black and White card. I have once again used the same paper (from Colorbok Bright Ideas 12x12 pad) and the same See-D's floral stamp. I also used Chatterbox textured card stock for my base, Recollections heavy card stock for my stamped image and Bazzill shimmery card stock for my mats and layers.

This time I clear-heat-embossed the flowers after stamping them with VersaFine Clair Nocturnal ink. I also did a die-cutting technique (the name of which I cannot remember to save my life -- brain fart -- if anyone knows the name of it, please tell me in the comments so I can write it down for future reference). My step-by-step of what I did is later in the post.
I used this current sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday and resized it to 5x7 in PSE. My layers do not show up that well in these photos but they are all there and can be seen in real life. I followed the sketch pretty much to the letter, other than positioning the element cluster a bit lower on the card.

Since I am working with 12x12 paper, I thought you'd like to see the sheet I've made both cards from. Those flowers are huge and gorgeous, and they tempted me into using them as the base mat for this card. Just thought I'd try it and I like the effect.

By carefully choosing a section, I was able to give my card some background movement and you can still tell it's a flower even if you cannot see it in total.

The die-cutting technique: Using my Spellbinders Classic Square Nestabilities, I cut the image whole using the largest square and it was really too big for my card front. So, I cut that with the next largest square and that was better, but by then I was thinking that this technique would add some interest to the image, so I cut into the image with the third largest square. I got a scrap of card stock and cut another square also. I adhered the frame square to my card, placed the scrap square into the hole that was left, matted my center cut square narrowily and then adhered it on top, being careful to line up the images.

I love love love how it looks and will be doing this again. It was fun and easy! The key to it for me is taping down the dies to the paper before cutting to make sure you get it cut just right. I use that yellow Frog Tape for delicate surfaces and have not had any problems with it pulling up paper fibers.

I stamped and clear-heat-embossed my front sentiment, too, using the same ink. Verve Visuals made the sentiment and the die is My Favorite Things Pierced Rectangle Stax.


Here is the inside and back of my card. Inside I used SU, Verve Visuals and Avery Elle sentiment stamps. On the back I used Technique Tuesday and Sweet Stamp Shop on the siggie. (I really like this stamp combo, the Sweet Shop stamp fits perfectly into the space on the TT stamp.)

I used up the entire 12x12 sheet (except for one 6" square I've saved for my square cards stash) with the 2 Black and White cards with just tiny leftover scraps I threw away. It never ceases to amaze me how much I am in denial over how much paper I have. Since the Colorbok pad has 50 sheets, I could make 100 A7-sized cards with that one pad. It boggles my mind to think how many cards I have to make to use up all my paper, but then, why even bother because it will never happen, hahaha. No one else has that problem, right???? Bwahahaha {GRIN}

CHALLENGES:
1.  TSOT Sketch #408 - sketch is shown above
2.  The Flower Challenge #32: Embossing (Heat/Dry) - my floral focal image is heat-embossed and I entered only 6 other challenges. 

3.  Moving Along with the Times #97: Black and White Only
4.  Country View Challenges May: Opposites - Black and White are opposite colors
5.  Crazy4Challenges C4C483: Flowers
6.  Double D Challenges: Frames - I have framed my floral image with a die cutting technique.
7.  Brown Sugar Challenge #290: Flowers

I hope you enjoyed today's card and I thank you kindly for taking the time to visit. Until next time, xoxoxo

13 comments:

Darlene said...

I love black & white creations! This is awesome Aimeslee! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Frames’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Wendy L said...

It looks so beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxxx

stampingvickisvisions said...

Oh I love this black and white creation. The larger flower background goes so well with what you've done on the front with the sketch - great job. thanks for joining us at TSOT. Vicki DT

Heather said...

Wow, a black and white stunner! What amazing papers - I love how you you used them to show off their gorgeous details! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Gorgeous card, Aimeslee!!! Love the exclusive use of black and white,,, it gives the card more elegance! The die cutting technique I believe you used is called "Triple Stamping". There is an excellent tutorial on it at Splitcoaststampers. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Really gorgeous, Aimeslee! I love the way you've used this stamp, and the papers in different format from the previous card. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your crafty project at the Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog, and for supporting us. We hope you will visit again.

Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Anita in France said...

So bold and striking, Aimslee ... elegant with a touch of drama! Anita :)

Fiona said...

Nice to see a black and white card - and you've used our sketch really well. Thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

Craftyfield said...

There's much to like about a black and white design, it's striking, elegant and gender free... Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

Bobby said...

Black and white cards are so classy. I gave away all my 12 x 12 paper but yours worked beautifully as a background for those stamped flowers, Aimslee. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Jane said...

A lovely black and white card, perfect for our "opposites" challenge over at Country View. Thanks so much for joining in with the fun x

Teresa said...

What a lovely card! Thank you so much for joining our Opposites challenge at Country View Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa (DT) xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, this is just fabulous! I am such a fan of black and white and you have done it beautifully here!! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D FRAMES Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!