Friday, May 17, 2019

A Dotty Kitty Christmas

Friday Greetings Once More, my Blogging Friends!

  
I'm back with a Christmas card that I did not really like the entire time I was making it! Once it was finished, though, I was okay with it. Neither the colors nor the design is my usual, but I'm definitely in like with Tiddly Inks' Mavis Kitty digital stamp. Isn't she adorbs? I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch, kraft card stock for the base and focal image frame, and papers, enamel dots and sequins from my stash.


I'd just like to notate that in all but 3 of my photos, the brown paper base layer looks like plaid or some such weave, but it is actually teeny tiny polka dots. The scrap I used came from Lawn Fawn's Snowday paper pack. Second row, second paper - that is the one I've used. For some reason my camera doesn't record it correctly. And this is important, because the Tiddly Inks challenge theme is Let's Get Dotty, so I need those dots! I also have dots of snow around the kitty, but still, those are more spots than dots so all the dots should count, lol.

I used a front sentiment by Sweet n Sassy Stamps and Ranger Archival ink. The greenery patterned paper is actually Christmas wrapping paper and to get a color match I just cut a strip of it and turned it over to stamp the sentiment on. The green card stock peeking out here and there is from my paper scrap stash, as is the kraft I die cut into a circle to frame my image.


Here is the inside and the back of my card. A Hero Arts sentiment inside and my Technique Tuesday and Sweet Stamp Shop siggie stamps on the back. You can see the polka dots on that back paper strip.

I resized Mavis Kitty in PSE, printed her out on Neenah and colored her with my Promarkers.

But before coloring, I took a Sakura white Glaze gel pen and colored dots all around Mavis. When it dried, I had a resist that showed through my blue coloring. No stenciling or paste needed, just draw and color.

There's my wonky camera colors again. The fur on her dress is not gray, it matches her white cap fur because it's Neenah white because I did nothing to those areas. Anyway, I love how she came out, mostly because I managed to stay in the lines for once, lol.

Ahhhh, finally a photo that clearly shows my teeny tiny polka dotted brown paper! This card makes 11 Christmas cards so far for me. My goal was 5 cards a month, so I'm 11 cards behind where I wanted to be so that's not good, only 50% on target.  Let's hope I can get caught up in the next few weeks!

CHALLENGES:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Weekly Sketch Challenge #747
2.  Tiddly Inks Challenge #225: Let's Get Dotty! - Dotted patterned paper and dot spots of snow around Mavis Kitty
3. Cutie Pie Challenge #135: Bingo - I chose Flowers - Punches/Dies - Spots
4. Winter Wonderland May Challenge: Anything But a Square - my card is 5x7 rectangle
5. 12 Months Christmas Link-Up #53: AG + Opt. Twist... Creature Feature - My creature is a kitty.
6.  Show Us Your Pussycats #42: Furrything Goes
7.  Outlawz Festive Friday May 17-30: Christmas
8.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Card Challenge: December
9.  Christmas with the Cuties #26 Theme: Feature a Creature

Mavis and I hope you enjoyed our Dotty Kitty Christmas card and we thank you very much for visiting. Until next time, xoxoxoxox (meow) :-)

8 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

So lovely ! A gorgeous design - happy weekend dear Aimeslee! Susi xxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Truly a job well done with the sketch and challenges. I love Tiddly Inks. Your image is coloured perfectly. Very unique idea to use wrapping paper. I have some wrapping paper I'd like to use on my cards too now that you opened my eyes about using it. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs - Bethie.

Meggymay said...

Its a really sweet card, the image you used looks adorable. I think is a great Christmas card and a super design.
Yvonne xx

ike said...

A very pretty card and such a super sweet kitty =^..^=
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CWTW and Cutie Pie challenge. Sue x

Rene said...

So precious!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tiddly Inks! Good luck,
Rene

Debs said...

fabulous...wish i was organised enough to make xmas cards..it'll be a mad dash for me in November lol...thanks for sharing with us at Tiddly Inks...hugs Debs

Wendy said...

Adorable card..Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge :)
Wendy x