Saturday, May 18, 2019

Jingle Bells

I sure am glad I gave myself a talking-to in my last blog post about my Christmas card output. It got me enthusiatic again about making them. We shall see how long it lasts, haha.

I once again went to my box of Christmas paper scraps. This card has a Kraft card stock base and dark green SU card stock matting. Patterned paper on front is Magenta and on back is Karen Foster (and that my friends, is some OLD paper, lol). Used my Spellbinders Classic Circles Nesties to die cut the circle framing my Stamplorations bells.
 I used Tuesday Morning Sketch's latest. I resized it to 5x7 in PSE. The Jingle Belles wish us an Old-fashioned Christmas and want to see vintage style. Hmm, well I have very old scrap paper and supplies, does that count if I used them? Ha! This is my version of it. :-) I have another card in process to play tomorrow that uses Tim Holtz papers and stamp. That one will be official faux vintage, at least. ;-) {grin}

The front Stamplorations sentiment 'Jingle bells' came with the bells in the set. I stamped them in Versamark and heat-embossed in Ranger Fine Gold EP.

 

Here are the inside and back of my card. Papertrey Ink inside sentiments stamped with Ranger Archival. The back, with the Karen Foster patterned paper, has my current Technique Tuesday siggie du jour stamped in Versamark and heat-embossed in gold ep, with the Sweet Stamp Shop stamp stamped across in VersaFine Clair Rainforest Green. I die cut a Spellbinders 5-pt star out of a Magenta scrap and placed underneath for interest.

 I stamped the bells on white Neenah Solar Crest with VersaFine Clair Rainforest Green and heat-embossed it in Ranger Gold EP, just for grins to see if the green would show through. It's cool, it has places where it looks like tarnish build-up. I must remember I can have fun mixing ep colors and ink colors to see the results...

I fussy cut the bells and colored my image with Promarkers. Then I brushed over the bells with Wink of Stella Yellow, for some glittery shine. My final step was to take my fine tip Carbon Fountain pen and subtly outline the jingle bells, leaves and bow.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Tuesday Morning Sketch #503 - (sketch shown above)
2.  Jingle Belles JB:19:10: An Old-Fashioned Christmas
3.  ABC Christmas: J is for Jingle - I gots some Jingle!
4.  Sparkles Christmas #100: Let's See Some Holly - my patterned paper in front has holly and there's holly in my stamped bells image.
5.  Winter Wonderland May: Anything But a Square Card - mine is a 5x7" rectangle
6.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge #10: Anything Christmas Goes
7.  Happy Little Stampers Christmas May: ACG + Opt. Circles - my front focal element is circular
8.  Christmas Crafts All Year Round May: Christmas Ornaments - reminds me of the scene in It's a Wonderful Life "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings." The family is tinkling some bells like the ones on my card that were hanging on their tree. That says Christmas Ornament to me!
9. Outlawz Festive Friday May 17-30: Christmas Theme
10.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Card Challenge: January - Glitz It with Glitter - Wink of Stella on my bells
11.  Colour Crazy Week 18: Always AG - I colored my bells image with Promarkers
12.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Papers Challenge May: Always AG
13.  Try it on Tuesday 10th Birthday Share: AG
14. Stamplorations Never-Ending Challenge: Anything Goes featuring Stamplorations - I have featured the bells and a sentiment from the Christmas Bells stamp set

I hope you enjoyed my card and I thank you for visiting me. XOXOX til next time!

21 comments:

Igor Marinovsky said...

You made a beautiful card with Jingle Bells. I like it.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza, Aimes. This card rocks my world. Love the Kraft and green together. Your fells are coloured to look so real. Job well done my dear.

froebelsternchen said...

Your jib´ngle bells card is unique and festive - GORGEOUS Aimeslee! Thank you very much for joining in at Try It On Tuesday again ! Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing another one of your fantastic cards with us for our birthday celebrations at Try it on Tuesdays.
I love the traditional style and design of this card.
Yvonne xx

SmilynStef said...

How fun that you decorated the back ... the Jingle Belles always love seeing Jingle Bells ... so glad you celebrated an Old-Fashioned Christmas with us.

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this colour combination! You are also giving me a nudge towards making Christmas cards!!! Thank you for joining us again at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Lynda said...

Hi Aimeslee - you certainly 'gots some jingle'.....
Love the patina on the bells when you mixed the ink and then used the embossing powder. Great card - thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this month. :) Lynda DT

lauren bergold said...

i think this has a beautiful and classic vibe that totally counts as vintage. not to mention an awesome take on the sketch and a wonderful addition to the "old fashioned xmas" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Pat K said...

Lovely traditional Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Rosie said...

just wonderful

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Eileen Bergen said...

Great Christmas card, Aimslee. You did say Christmas, right? I can't imagine making Christmas cards when it's 90 degrees outside! Wow, that's planning ahead.

Thank you for joining us at TioT. Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous Christmas card! I love the patchwork design and traditional colours - beautiful 😊. Thanks so much for joining our 10th birthday celebrations at Try it on Tuesday! Happy weekend! Jo x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MLCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

BożenA said...

WOW! A wonderful, rich card composition.
Thank you for joining our challenge HLS CHRISTMAS.
Bożena DT HLS

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

what a wonderful card, isn't it fulfilling to use up some of your older paper - it still makes wonderful cards - as you showed. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Barb Housner

Debbie said...

Such a lovely vintage Christmas card.Great idea to use up some of your papers.Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas for our holly theme. Hugs Debs DT xx

Lynne said...

A beautiful vintage style card. Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas. Lynne DT

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card! I love the papers and colours. Thank you for joining us at ABC Chistmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma