Thursday, May 16, 2019

Happy Birthday in Black and White

Another day, another dawn, another card done! Hello, Blogging Lovelies, I hope this finds you well and happy.


I spied a Black and White Only challenge at Moving Along with the Times and thought, well I've never done that, so Game On. Plus, my friends at Country View Challenges has an Opposites theme going on, and what is more opposite than Black and White?


I used the current sketch at Sketch Saturday, but turned it sideways as my focal element fits better. And I must credit my friend Donna Ellis as I was inspired by her Black and White cards, which you can see HERE. Hers are so gorgeous and she did more techniques. Mine is the simple version but it was looking at her cards that helped me to try it out.


I have had the See-D's flower stamp forever. As I was perusing my Floral stamps (I broke up my stamp sets years ago and store most of my stamps by theme, so I have 39 CD cases and 2 VHS cases full of flowers, trees, leaves), my eye kept going back to this stamp of -- Roses? Camelias? Don't really know what kind of flower it is, but the beauty of this challenge is that I don't have to color it and do it injustice.


It's a pretty big stamp, which is why I turned the sketch to accommodate it. I used Ranger Archival on Recollections heavy card stock, then die cut it with my Spellbinders Scalloped Circles die and matted that with the next larger die cut from a snippet scrap of glossy junk mail I'd saved in my scraps drawer.  My dotty patterned paper is from a 12x12 pad I got for $5 on Amazon - Colorbok Bright Ideas.


I kid you not - see? Online gambling never looked better ha! The rest of the black card stock on this card is a shimmery Bazzill 12 x 12 (do not remember the exact name, but I have loads of it in black and white and a few other colors from years back). My card base is Chatterbox textured white card stock, also older than dirt, and it comes in handy when I need a bright white.


I really had no room left on the card for a separate sentiment, so I put an itsy-bitsy Happy Birthday stamp from Sweet Shop Stamps right on my flowers and heat-embossed it with clear powder. Added some sheer polka-dot ribbon underneath on a black flagged piece to finish the front.


Here's the inside and back of my card. I stamped sentiments inside from Crafty Secrets, Clear Dollar and Avery Elle, and Technique Tuesday and Sweet Stamp Shop siggie stamps on back.

Playing around with these challenges was fun. I ended up making 2 Black and White cards and will share the other one next time.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Sketch Saturday Week 563 (shown above)
2.  Moving Along with the Times #97: Black and White Only
3.  Country View Challenges May: Opposites
4.  Brown Sugar #290: Flowers
5.  Try It on Tuesday 10th Birthday Celebration Share: AG
6.  Crazy4Challenges C4C483: Flowers
7.  Outlawz Monday Greetings May 13-26: Greetings + Birthday
8.  Creative Craft Cottage #118: Use Ink (As much or as little as you like)
9.  Outlawz Festive Friday May 17-30: Birthday

That's it for me. Until next time, xoxoxox

13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

WOW - this is just terrific Aimeslee! Thank you for joining in at Try It On Tuesday! Susi xxx

Teresa said...

What a great card!! Thanks so much for joining the Opposites Challenge at CVC. Good luck and hope to see you again soon x Teresa DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! I love the black and white design, it looks so elegant 😊. Thanks so much for joining us for our 10th Birthday party at Try it on Tuesday and enjoy your week! Jo x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful B&W card. Even the back of your card is adorable. You really put a lot of love into your cards!

I can't get over how many challenges you manage to fit in. I'm in love with polka dots.

Have a nice weekend. Bethie

Donna Ellis said...

ooooh, Aimeslee! I love love LOVE this BW art! Your sketch and layers are amazing especially with the pretty dotted ribbons and textured linen black cardstock. Beautifully done!

And now for my other hat: Thanks for sharing your crafty project at the Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog, and for supporting us. We hope you will visit again.

Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Meggymay said...

A stunning card, black and white together always look so elegant and stylish.
Thank you for linking to our 10th Birthday fun over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi,
what a very super black and white design.
Love the wonderful stamped image and your linen matt looks very wonderful.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Eileen Bergen said...

Stunning card, Aimeslee. Thank you for joining us at TioT again! Eileen xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's so good to see you celebrating with us again at Try It On Tuesday with this wonderful elegant card! Thank you! Chrisx

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee! It´s so very elegant in black and white - and fits perfect to our challenge theme!
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts this month! Have a wonderful time.
Evelyn xx

Sue said...

I love this, black and white always looks so elegant. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Mrs.B said...

A stunning card Aimeslee, I always love a Black/White combo.
Thanks again for joining our 10th Birthday Celebrations at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx