Friday, May 3, 2019

A Con-GRAD-ulations Card

Hello Lovely Blogging Friends and TGIF!

Today I am sharing a card I made one of my nephews who graduates from Baylor University this month with a degree in Biochemistry. And yes, Baylor's colors are green and gold (but yellow is substituted most of the time). It was one of those cards that started out as a vision that didn't make up quite like I'd imagined it, but I kept working on it until I got it to a place where my original vision didn't matter anymore - HA! Thank God when that happens is all I gotta say. :-)


 
Here you can see how I followed Split Coast's Sketch #476 (...Which was the current sketch challenge when I began constructing the pieces of this card but is now LAST week's sketch. Luckily for me, they don't have expirations, so the challenge is still open.) I stretched it from an A2 to a 6x6 card in PSE. What immediately caught my eye on this sketch was the "subtle background" because I wanted to use that math overlay since my nephew's major is Biochemistry. :-) I also felt this would work well with all my die cuts instead of an image, so I made what I call a "cluster" with them all.


SUPPLIES:
* Papers: Bazzill, Crafters Companion, DCWV, Office Depot card stocks; Doodlebug Vellum; Karen Foster Acetate Overlay; DCWV and Pink Paislee patterned papers
* Inks: Ranger Distress, Versafine Clair, VersaMark, VersaMagic, Promarkers Alcohol Markers, Sakura Gold Glitter gel pen
* Stamps: The Stamping Boutique digital Chemistry Set, Wordsworth, Sweet Stamp Shop, Lawn Fawn sentiments
* Dies: Sizzix Graduation Sizzlets, Tattered Banners; LawnFawn Bannerific; Spellbinders Classic Circle, Curved Rectangle, and Stars Five Nesties.
* Stash Items: Brads, enamel dots, embossing powders, Marvy corner punch


Above is the inside and back of this card and THIS time the image I colored, a digital stamp, is on the inside and not the front. I used my Promarkers to color the Chemistry set as well as the banner and diploma die cuts. I used Distress ink to color my original PSE-generated die cut sentiment on the facing page.

And on the back, I gold-heat-embossed the siggie, and colored the Class of 2019 die cuts. I will leave you with close-ups of these plus a final front view:

 

CHALLENGES:
1. Split Coast Stampers Sketch 746
2. More Mixed Media April Challenge: AG + Opt. Yellow - I am playing the Yellow Option
3. Outlawz Festive Friday for May 3-16 - Anything Goes category
4. Outlawz Monday Greetings for Apr. 29-May 12: AG with Sentiment
5. Passion for Promarkers #491: Lots of Layers - I have layers on front and coloured my images with Promarkers inside and on back of my card.
6. Colour Crazy Week 17: AG with Colouring - I have coloured my images inside and back of my card.
7. A Bit More Time To Craft #91: Anything Goes
8. Rainbow Card Challenge #5: Gorgeous Green - if there is too much yellow, please don't count, but this is a very green card! So, I've played it.
9. CHNPPC May: Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
10. Crafting from the Heart #242: Always Anything Goes
11. IkesWorld Art Challenge #119: D is for Dies + Anything Goes - I've used several dies, on all 4 surfaces of this cut, lol. Also, my fifth and final entry.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I thank you for visiting me today. I'll be back next with an art journal play time spread. Until then, xoxoxo

12 comments:

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Fabulous inside and out. I love the STEM theme. I love the vellum. I love your inside papers and the digi. Frankly, everything about this card is amazing. I'm sure your nephew will love and treasure this unique work of art.

Crafting with Darcy said...

Aimeslee, this is such an awesome graduation card for your nephew! Congrats to him!! Biochemistry sounds way over my head!! LOL
I love that you shared the inside of the card as well as the back. The backs are usually neglected. Bravo to you!!

Meggymay said...

Congratulations to your nephew, it is a fantastic Graduation card you made for him.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

WOW - this is simply an awesome graduation card Aimeslee!
Congrats to your nephew!

Big hugs, Susi

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card inside and out even round the back -love that you decorate all side and a great personalised card
carol x

ike said...

Oooh - that's very cool ! I love the colours you used :-) Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges :-)
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Ella's Design said...

Great card, Aimeselee! Love the front layout and the whole card is personalised both inside and out...I'm sure your nephew will love it! Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa

coops said...

So stunning, a fabulous design. I live all the details and great vibrant colours.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP 😁

Mynn xx said...

This is FABULOUS! I adore all the amazing layers and textures! Thanks for joining us at TRCC! I hope to see you again SOON! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

valscraftings said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Ikesworldchallenges.

Val DT x

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a fabulous card and so thoughtful! Love the details geared toward your nephew's degree. Super use of the sketch too- that was not an easy one! Thanks so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge for our 'green' week!

Jacqueline said...

Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Rainbow Card Challenge - what a great card - so much detail - Jacqueline xx