Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Watercolor By Candle Light

Wow, Tuesday - already? So, hello and happy Tuesday to you. I'm here sharing a card I've been fiddling with for almost 2 days now. It's what I'd call a High Maintenance Card. There's so much more I could keep doing to it, but I haven't felt well and I'm ready to be done with it and go on to my next assignment, a college graduation card for a nephew. For now, it's Christmas again:

This card began as a way to watercolor a Stamplorations digital stamp because that's their current challenge theme. I saw it and wanted to play. The sketch, too.


Trouble is, I wanted to print the stamp on watercolor paper and of my current paper choices, they either jammed my printer or printed out badly. I finally got a good one, I can't remember how, but I ended up wanting to use the other side of my badly printed sheet as my base mat.

And I could faintly see the images from the other side, so I got the bright idea to paint the badly printed side with black gesso. I did and it worked.

   
Then I decided to emboss a brick background, and that worked! There's the gesso'd back side. I can no longer see the printing from the other side. Magic! lol

SUPPLIES:
*Recollections card stock
*Watercolor paper
*Rhona Farrer and Magenta patterned paper
*Spellbinders Tammy Tutterow embossing folder "Picnic"
*SU and Fiskars punches
*Cuttlebug Fanciful Labels die
*Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges die
*Stamps: Stamplorations digital stamp "Framed Christmas Candle" and clear stamps "Holiday        Artsy"; Papertrey Ink; Technique Tuesday; EK Success
*Inks/Paints: Ranger Distress, Dylusions, Yasutomo Niji Pearlescent water colors; Versamark
*White and clear embossing powders


The inside and back of my card. I got carried away with the Distress ink blending, but it's like meditation to me and I needed that today. I really like these two papers together.

A couple of close-ups:


And one parting shot of the card:
CHALLENGES:
1. Stamplorations April Theme & Sketch: Stamps and Water Coloring
2. Stamplorations Never-Ending Challenge

3. MLCCB #9: April Anything Christmas Goes
4. Colour Crazy Week 16: anything Goes with Colouring - my 2nd and final entry

Okay, I am done and can go take a nap and rest!  Not many challenges this time, that's how bad I feel. Have a great week, everyone, and thank you kindly for visiting and checking out my art. xoxoxo

7 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That image is so unique, as is the creative way you added several sentiments! Fantastic! Very funny to call it a high maintenance card. I have had my share of those too!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card and love the embossed background --I feel your pain lol these CAS cards can sometimes take twice or even tree times longer that one with everything on!!!My printer throws a hissy fit and will not even accept watercolour paper never mind print on it!!!
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry meant to say love the brilliant inside and back too
Carol x

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful Christmas card, I love how you design all the surfaces.
Yvonne xx

Billie A said...

Pretty holiday card. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy.
Billie A
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

Cindy said...

Cool card. Love the brick background you created!! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Little Christmas!

LOU said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee. Love the brick background and your colouring.
Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions