Wednesday, April 24, 2019

This Isn't the End, It's a New Beginning!

Happy Hump Day! My Honey's oldest sister is retiring next week from her job she's had for 40 years, so I've made her a Congrats card with a unicorn because she loves them and so do I. I used one of my favorite digi stamp sets here.
This card meets 2 Bugaboo Stamps challenges, as well as 2 other challenges where Bugaboo is the current sponsor! It's like Bugaboo Shark Week! I just had to play in them all, with a Bugaboo sketch and Bugaboo's digital Unicorn image set in Bugaboo Bingo.
 

On the left is the original sketch and on the right is after I put it into PSE and changed the dimensions to a landscape A2 card. I used the rainbow cloud in place of the small top circle and added a little bling and clouds and stars here and there extra. Otherwise, I'm pretty faithful to this sketch.

SUPPLIES:
Basic Grey Gypsy/Romani 12x12 patterned card stock (ancient and still have lots)
Dies: Spellbinders Labels Nine and Doilies Floral Motif dies; Verve Starry die; MFT Clouds Trio                        Die-namics; Avery Elle Dotted Dies
Stamps: Bugaboo Digital, Crafty Secrets, Pink By Design, Avery Elle,
Inks: Memento; Promarkers and Sakura Glitter Gel Pen for coloring images
Stash: Brads, Flower, enamel dots, distress tool

I used all BG collection card stock, even for the card base. I die cut the stars, sentiment banner, red flower circle, unicorn and clouds, and fussy cut the rainbow cloud and tickets. I tried to color coordinate my Promarker colors to the paper.


The inside and back of my card. Here you can the edge distressing really well on the back. I did this on the front as well.

Some close-ups:



CHALLENGES:
1. Bugaboo Stella Says Sketch Challenge #708
2. Bugaboo April Bingo Challenge - I chose the middle row across: Bugaboo image/Players Choice/Ticket
3. Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge April 19-May 2 - I chose Anything Goes category with my happy retirement card
4. Cutie Pie Challenge #134: Fresh Beginnings
5. TTCRD Challenge Starting April 23: Anything Goes
6. Passion for Promarkers Wk 490: Fave Digi or Stamp - the Bugaboo unicorn digi set is a fave.
7. Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge: See Graphic - I did not do the twist, just the colors.
8. Jo's Scrap Shack #278: Always AG
9. Crafts Galore Encore #62 April: Anything Goes - this is my third and final entry
10. Country View Challenge April: Easter or Spring - Spring
11. Crafty Creations #389: Anything Goes
12. LTCCB #33: Anything Goes - this is my 5th and final entry
13. Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes Apr. 21 - May 4: Cinderella Dream
14. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #25: Feature a Critter
15. Try It on Tuesday: Springtime
16. Moo Mania and More #189: Spring Fever
17. CHNPPC April: AG with Patterned Paper
18. Ike's Art Challenge #119: D is for DIES + AG
19. HLS Anything Goes with Dies April: AG + Dies
20. ABMTTC #90: Always AG
21. Colour Crazy Challenge Wk 14: Anything Goes with Colouring

That's all from me today. Thanks for visiting and I hope you liked my card! xoxo

25 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful creation Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges. Good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautiful card! GORGEOUS!I love unicorns as well! Your sister will be over the moon about it! Thank you very much for joining in at Moo Mania & More and Try It On Tuesday dear Aimeslee ! Susi xxx

Rosie said...

A lovely card

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Nat said...

Wow, there is so much going on in your lovely unicorn card! I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for sharing at PFP
Natx

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Meggymay said...

A wonderful retirement card and I agree that this is the time to start a new stage and enjoy not having to go to word,
Thank you for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Min said...

I just love this card - superb! Thanks so much for joining our Bugaboo Stamps Stella Says Sketch challenge! We hope you'll join us soon for our newest challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps Design Team

Billie A said...

Cute retirement card. I like the sentiment. So glad you shared over at Catch the bug.

Billie A
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

Lori Kobular said...

Love the unicorn and rainbow on your beautiful card! It is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge!

Helen said...

A great card and a fab sentiment too.

Thanks for joining us at the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge.

Helen x

Crafty KJ said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Love this unicorn set and your colouring is fab. Love all the details you've added too- so much to see on your card! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Promarkers this week. Hugs, Karen xx

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful card all round love the Unicorn(who doesn't)great B.paper and the the little textured cupcake--Happy retirement to your sister she will soon wonder how she found the time to work lol.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my card,much appreciated and yes John loved it.
Carol x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card! It's such a wonderful design and I love how you decorate the back of the card as well as the front - beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Monika Gulyas said...

What a lovely card!!! Thank you for joining the April challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Monika said...

Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” April Challenge. DT Monika

Marjut said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Susan Renshaw said...

Great design and sentiment!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the unicorn and colour scheme.
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Michele said...

gorgeous card! you can never go wrong with a unicorn! congrats to your sister in law. xo

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Aimeslee,, the unicorn looks so pretty and I always love the way you decorate the back of your cards. Congratulations to your SIL on her retirement - you added a wonderful sentiment too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Love all the fun elements on this unicorn card, so much to look at. Thank you for taking part in the April "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges.

ike said...

Gorgeous. I love all the elements - it's fabulous :-) Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge too.

Helen x

Lyn said...

Adorable card! Love the bright colors! This is a great retirement card! Thanks For joining the challenge at Catch the Bug!