Monday, April 22, 2019

It's Elves Again!

Oy, a busy Monday for me, but I survived and I hope you did as well! I had my first appointment today with a new primary care doc and I love her! Hubby has been using her and went with me. I actually have multiple issues that would improve my quality of life if addressed, and we have already begun. I'm feeling optimistic again about going to the doctor, which is no small thing for me.  Her approach is refreshing. She is super smart and young, but not that young, she has some experience. So we shall see. Meanwhile, onto my card...

 
I am experimenting with an idea I have about choosing a CAS-looking sketch if I'm going to do a CAS card. So I hope this current month's sketch at Stick It Down was a good fit. I love this image and the sentiment that I heat-embossed in white powder. I also liked adding the ribbon.

 
I took pics this time of how I wrapped the wrapping paper around the thin chipboard. Nothing fancy, just got the job done.

SUPPLIES:
SU and Chatterbox card stocks
Recycled wrapping paper and chipboard from the back of a notepad
Darice 5x7 Snowflakes embossing folder
Gecko Galz Winter Magic collage sheet image
Spellbinders Classic Label
Ink: Versafine Clair, Versamark, Memento
Stamps: Papertrey Ink and Avery Elle
Hero Arts White embossing powder
Ribbon from my stash


The inside and back of my card. Using the dark blue back layer as a wider frame makes it feel like more of a masculine card.

I anchored the focal image and sentiment this time in red and it brings out the red in the collage sheet image. On the first card, the red photographed as orange red even though it was red.

More views:



CHALLENGES:
1. Stick It Down April Card Sketch - enter card or layout on the sidebar.
2. Jingle Belles JB:19:08: Peace On Earth Day Recycle Something
3. CAS Christmas April Challenge: Elf

4. CCAYR April Challenge: Family & Friends
5. Winter Wonderland: April Cute Christmas
6. HLS Christmas April: AG + Opt. Twist Nature
7. CHNCC #434: Anything Christmas Goes + Opt. House or Building
8. MLCCB #9: April Anything Christmas Goes
9. Outlawz Festive Fridays for Apr 19 - May 2: Christmas
10. ABMTTC #90: Always Anything Goes
11. LTCCB #33: April AG

That's all from me. Thanks for visiting, hope to see you next time! xoxo


19 comments:

Meggymay said...

I've been having a catch up on your posts I missed while we had no internet. Your cards all look fantastic. This card looks awesome as well.
I hope you get your health issues sorted, having confidence with the new doctor will help.
I hope you had a lovely Easter.
Yvonne xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous image Aimeslee and I love the pretty embossed background. How lovely that you took the trouble to make the inside and back of the card look good too!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

Your snowflake embossed paper is beautiful. I LOVE your little gnomes and coordinating papers. What a wonderfully crisp embossing of your sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Bonnie said...

Another great card, Aimeslee! Love those graphics and how you use them! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

These to little elves and so cute and love the beautiful night sky. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Michele said...

it's a fabulous card! i love the layout. congrats on finding a good doc -- a good one is worth her weight in gold! xo

Colleen said...

What a fun and cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Colleen--DT for SID
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

lauren bergold said...

another great re-use of the giftwrap on a FAB sketch card! so pleased you could celebrate earth day (again!) with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Nance said...

Pretty and festive card. Love that image of the elves in the snow. THanks for playing with us at CAS Christmas this month.

SmilynStef said...

Clever use of chipboard ... and more cute little elves ... thanks again for joining us at Jingle Belles for EARTH Day.

Trina P. said...

Sweet card. That bright night sky is eye-catching. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Kath said...

A lovely card - thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

MJ's Kraze said...

Great card. I love the added touch of the wrapping paper. The image of the elves is great. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card dt.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.

Helen x

Alison said...

Fabulous take on the sketch. So much to love about this project! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's April "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us in the Stick It Down April Card Sketch challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, SID DT
Love To Scrap 2

Monica Maier said...

Love this christmas card!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stick it Down.

Monica- card DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MLCC, good luck!!! Amy DT