Sunday, April 21, 2019

Cute Family-Friendly Elves for Easter

Greetings. I hope this Easter Sunday finds you happy and well.

So, here's a question: what do cute Christmas Elves in Winter's Nature, family & friends, a CAS sketch and recycled materials all have in common? Well, the card I've made to share today, hopefully! It occurred to me that I've gotten woefully behind on my Christmas cards and although I've other cards in the pipeline for Mother's Day, retirement, weddings, thank yous and birthdays, I spent this weekend consumed with Christmas.

 
I used the current Try Stampin On Tuesday sketch with the optional theme of embossing. I also wanted to play at CAS Christmas but I do not have one elf stamp to my name save digitals. I did find some elfen collage images on a sheet already printed out, and they were so cute I couldn't help myself. I've finished one card to share, another using the same materials as the first almost finished for tomorrow, and 2 more in the planning stages, all from that one sheet of images. For me, this is industrious! lol
Supplies:
SU card stock, Chatterbox textured card stock
Recycled wrapping paper received last Christmas
Thin chipboard from the back of a notepad
Gecko Galz Winter Magic collage sheet images ( sheet no longer sold)
Darice Snowflakes 5x7 Embossing Folder
Dies: Spellbinders 5x7 Matting Basics A&B, Classic Labels, Labels 14
Ink: Memento
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Avery Elle
White Sharpie Paint Pen
Stash: Ribbon

 
The inside and back of my card. I used more of the wrap over an embossed snowflake background.

The Jingle Belles want us to recycle something on our card, so I got out some snowflake wrapping paper that Id received on a present and saved. This paper is quite thin, so I pulled off the thin chipboard back of a notepad on my desk, cut it to spec and wrapped the wrapping paper around it. I coated the edge of my elf image with some white Sharpie paint pen to give it contrast and a finish without having to mat another paper layer.

Challenges:
1. Try Stampin on Tuesday Sketch 403 + Opt. Theme - Embossing - My background is embossed.
2. Jingle Belles JB:19:08 - Peace on Earth Day Recycle - I recycled a piece of notepad chipboard and wrapping paper to make the frame for my sentiment and image.
3. CAS Christmas April: Elf
4. CCAYR April: Family & Friends
5. Winter Wonderland April: Cute Christmas
6. HLS April Christmas Challenge: AG + Opt. Nature - My image is out in Nature and I have a Snowflake background.
7. MLCCB #9: Anything Christmas Goes
8. Sparkles Christmas Challenge #93: Feature a Creature - My focal image features 2 birdies and an elf.
9. Outlawz Festive Fridays for April 29 - May 2: Christmas
10. CHNCC #434: ACG + Opt. Include a House or Building - in my focal image there is a house.
11. ABMTTC #90: Always AG
12. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #25: AG with a Critter - my focal image is small but it features 2 birdies and an elf
13. LTCCB #33: April AG

Well, that's enough out of me for now. Thanks for visiting and I hope you liked my card. Back tomorrow night with my second elf card! xoxo





15 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Such a fun card with the cute elf! I love it! The embossed layer is gorgeous, too!

Donna Scholz said...

What a recycler you are, Aimeslee! You also met both the sketch and optional part of our challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! Thank you for joining us and sharing your creativity at TSOT!!! -Donna

Heather said...

Such a fun Christmas card - love the snowflake embossing! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Sue - said...

Super design. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

jimlynn said...

It's never too early to start on Christmas cards and this one is so pretty. Love your take on that sketch too.
Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
Lynn

NanaConnie said...

Aimeslee, it's an adorable card but the little birds are so small I'm not sure they qualify as being "Featured." lol Try for something a bit more prominent next time, OK? Thanks for playing at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
NanaConnie DT

Bonnie said...

Love this elf image, Aimeslee! Great job on upcycling and making a fantastic Christmas card in the process! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

Your lovely Christmas scene with elf is so beautiful. Very vintage-y. Looks fabulous with the dry embossed snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Joan said...

Cute elf image on your lovely card

Thanks for joining in at Sparkles Christmas this month


Joan

lauren bergold said...

what a sweet and adorable card and an awesome "rescue" of the gorgeous giftwrap! so pleased you could celebrate earth day with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

BrendaB said...

Such a lovely card! I love that you also decorated the back. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

SmilynStef said...

Perfection with the sketch ... love those cute little elves ... so very glad you celebrated EARTH Day with us at Jingle Belles.

Catie Cuddles said...

Really lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

craftysahmiam said...

I love the sentiment and sketch used on your CAS Christmas card.Thank you for sharing with us at Love To Craft

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome Christmas project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's April "Anything Christmas Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLC DT
Love To Scrap 2