It's very early this Saturday morning, but I wanted to quickly post this 4x6 art I've done and try to get some sleep. I took some time last night to just play with a mixed media technique and some collage.
HERE. The challenge at her blog this week is to use black gesso with patterns/texture. In her video she used crumbled aluminum kitchen foil adhered to card stock as her base, applied black gesso, then Dylusions spray inks, then white gesso to get a lovely muted opaque background. I decided to try it, but I created my texture and pattern by running my foiled card through my Big Shot using Tim's Wood Planks embossing folder. I then did my background as she instructs in her video.
Black and white gesso
Dylusions inks: Turquoise, Vanilla Custard, Melted Chocolate
Aluminum foil, card stock and patterned paper from my stash
Steinbeck quote and circle stickers from my stash
Washi tapes from my stash
Tim Holtz Chat and Talk stickers and Paper Dolls, Wood Planks Embossing Folder
Black Copic marker to edge card
I love the look you get with this technique, although the next time, I will take better care to keep my ink colors separated more. You apply the white gesso with the pad of your finger and before too long, because the ink reactivates you are rubbing all the colors together as you go. I should have cleaned off my finger periodically, but small point as I do like just fine my result.
1. Sunday Post Card Art: Family
2. Think Monday, Think ATC & More: Use Black Gesso with Pattern/Texture
3. MIUCB #24: Anything Goes + Black & White Plus One Color - I used Turquoise Blue
4. ABMTTC #90: Always AG
5. More Mixed Media April Challenge: AG + Opt. Twist Yellow - I did not take the option and my piece is true mixed media.
6. LTCCB #33: April AG
7. Back To Basics and Beyond #26: Use a Spray - I used 3 Dylusions Spray Inks with gesso to create my background.
8. Crazy 4 Challenges C4C479: Anything But a Card - I made 4x6 art.
9. Jo's Scrap Shack #278: Always AG
10. Crafts Galore Encore #62: April AG
Well, I'm headed down to Sleepy Town now. Thanks always for visiting me and checking out my art. Easter Blessings to you and yours! xoxo