Saturday, April 27, 2019

Gettin' Hitched!

Well, hello it's a sunny Saturday where I am, so it's a good time to share this sunny card with all its touches of yellow and crisp white. Not the traditional route for a wedding card, but I've seen many others getting more and more creative and less formal with them, so it's only a card. What can it hurt? :-) This one is for my nephew and his bride-to-be and I think they will both like it.


I used the current Cheerful sketch faithfully. No messing with it in PSE this time, just added measurements. I wanted to play in Beccy's Place's monthly challenge. (she requires you use one of her images + there is always an optional twist, this time it's Tic-Tac-Toe), so I picked out this cute one called Over the Garden Gate from my files to print and colored with my Promarkers. I used collection papers so everything would coordinate. 

SUPPLIES:
Bazzill and Neenah card stocks
Patterned Papers/card stock: My Minds Eye Dilly Dally, Fancy Pants It's the Little Things, Colorbok Carnival
Stamps: Beccy's Place Digital, Our Craft Lounge, Papertrey Ink, Avery Elle, Technique Tuesday, EK Success
Inks: Versafine Clair, Promarkers (for image coloring); Signo Uniball white gel pen
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 10, Lacey Squares, Circle Contempo and Floral Motif Doilies; Avery Elle Dotted Elle-ments
Misc. from Stash: ring die cut from old calendar, paper doilies, paper flowers, brads, twine & jute string; embossing powder, distressing tool, SU label punch


The inside and the back of my card: I've ordered a registry gift card mailed to me to include with the card. Once I receive it, I'll create an envelope for it to attach to the inside left. For the back, I played around with combining 2 signature stamps, and I really like what I came up with so if I can get that industrious you might see it again, lol. I'm always getting into decorating the back the same old way so I like to shake it up from time to time. :-)

More views, with close-ups:





CHALLENGES:
1. Beccy's Place April Challenge: Use a BP image + Opt. Bingo Grid - I chose the diagonal lower left to upper right (Use a sketch / Your favorite color [currently yellow!] / String or twine). 
2. Cheerful Sketches April Challenge
3. 613 Avenue Create #220: Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Wedding/Anniversary - I took the twist with a wedding card.
4. Use Your Stuff 356: Use String or Twine
5. Crafting from the Heart #241: Always AG
6. I Love Promarkers #382: AG + Opt. Embossing - I clear-heat-embossed all my ink stamping on the front, inside and back.
7. Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies April - I used several. See Supplies above.
8. CHNPPC April: Always AG with Patterned Paper
9. Colour Crazy Challenge Wk. 15: AG with Colouring
10. Sparkles Monthly Challenge #115: Flowers or Religious - I chose flowers.
11. TTCRD for Apr 23-29: Always AG - 2nd and final entry
12. Jo's Scrap Shack #279: Always AG
13. Moving Along with the Times #96: Flowers

Well, that does it for me this time. I appreciate you visiting me and checking out my art. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hugs until next time. xoxo

19 comments:

Beccy said...

I think your nephew and his bride will love this Aimeslee, it's fabulously creative and so much fun! I especially love the sentiment. You did a fabulous job with all the little embellishments and extra details, great use of patterned papers too. Wonderful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Bernadet said...

What a beauty Aimeslee.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!

Margreet said...

Lovely wedding card!
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!
xxx Margreet DT

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

KT Fit Kitty said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the image and your beautiful colouring! Pretty papers too, and I like the inside and back! Wonderful distressed edges! The happy couple will love it!

Wendy L said...

A super, modern wedding card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Dawn Phillips said...

A really pretty card. I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Furrbster said...

I think this is a fabulous Wedding card. It embodies the meaning of a wedding in a fun way.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at I Love Promarkers, and also MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Meggymay said...

Its a darling image of a happy couple and an awesome Wedding card. The design looks fantastic.
Yvonne xx

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card! Thanks for playing at cheerful sketches!
Nancy DT CSD

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Loved this right off the bat. Your colouring coordinates with your designer papers quite well. Love your embellishments. I'm trying to add more to my cards but I have such difficulty with it. Have a super week. Oh, BTW, I ordered two stamp sets with dies from Lawn Fawn. They are cute fairies.

Larelyn said...

Love this! Such a cute style and great image. Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-day Friday Challenge.

Gina said...

Oh my gosh!!! This card is so cute! ...and romantic ...and rustically gorgeous!!! Perfect for a wedding :D Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

Sheryl said...

What a brilliant image. You have coloured it beautifully and the design of your card compliments it perfectly.
Thanks for dropping by at 613 avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful non-traditional wedding card I love the image/great layout and all the little embellishments and design
Carol x

Helen said...

I think they'll love it! It's a great bright and cheerful card.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Such a sweet couple. Thank you for joining in at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge. Sarah DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely floral wedding card with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’. Hope you can join us for our next challenge.
Diane Louise (DT member) xx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fabulous card. Love the image, papers and embellies you chose. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JFF