Saturday, March 9, 2019

Letting Y'all Know...

Just wanted to let my wonderful blogging friends know that your comments and prayers have been much appreciated. My dad rallied for a bit, enough to see all of our family, then he lapsed into a sleep and peacefully passed yesterday. I've spent the last 12 or so hours just being quiet at home with Honey to give time for everyone in the family to absorb it. We have so much to do with cleaning out the hospice room and his 2-bedroom apartment by March 31 if possible. I feel that I must give that my attention and hit the ground running Monday if not sooner.

So I may not be posting for awhile, then again, maybe I might have something made to post. Several times today I reached for some card parts but just did not feel enthusiastic enough. I thought I might try art journaling later on and see if that's appealing to me. I'm a bit determined to try to do something creative every day, but may just get as far as thinking about it or imagining it.

I guess this is what grieving is. An unfamiliar, uncomfortable in-between empty spot that you don't want to be in but you can't leave until something lets you. That something being Time. I have lost count of how many times I have seen it suck all creativity out of an artist and I'm really hoping that doesn't happen to me.

I want very much want to continue to have creations to blog about. So, please don't give up on me. I won't give up trying, even amidst this new "job" I'm going to have. Hopefully I can get enthused again enough to create when I can. Thanks for visiting today! xoxo

4 comments:

Meggymay said...

Sorry to read this post from you today, a sad loss of a dear loved one. Thinking of you and your family Aimeslee. Look after yourself as well.
Yvonne xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

My condolences, Aimes. Such a sad time for you. Take all the time that you need; I'll be waiting around for you. Hugs.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh no, Aimeslee, I am so sorry to read this sad news about your dad. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Be gentle with yourself and take time to grieve.

froebelsternchen said...

When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now. I extend my most sincere condolences to you.
Thinking of you!

Susi