Here you can see my backgrounds. I used green plus pink plus blue and also the gold accents from Outlawz current Color Challenge Photo, and since the optional challenge twist is to make your own background, I created mine using the Rubberband Stamping technique to meet Mix It Up's current challenge. I wrapped rubber bands around an acrylic brayer wheel, inked up with Delicata Gold pigment ink, rolled it on straight across for the front and from the edges to the center for the back, and then heat-embossed both panels with clear powder.
I chose Distress inks in my chosen colors and then sponged my background panels using Tim's round foam applicator tool.
I colored my unicorn and cloud digital images with Distress markers in the same colors as the ink and added some gray Promarker to the unicorn's hooves. Also some clear Wink of Stella for a glittering coating.
I adhered my vellum pieces with Tombow Vellum Tape Roller - it does a really nice invisible job. I then got to work cutting out my Jane Davenport by Spellbinders unicorn, hanging hearts and scalloped border that I just had to have. The hearts and the border are great, but those tiny little pieces in the unicorn above gave me permanent crossed eyes! So easy to lose and confuse, not easy to put back on. I colored the die cuts with Distress Markers and Wink of Stella Gold glitter brush pen. then a random brushing with my Clear Wink of Stella.
I stamped the Wild Rose Studio sentiment with Versafine Clair and die cut it with Spellbinders Circle Nestie. Then I assembled my card front and adhered that to a Bazzill scalloped card base that's the same blue as the drawers in the Outlaws color challenge photo.
Here is the inside of my card and the back of it. I used Skipping Stones and Verve sentiments inside and a Stamp Magick siggie stamp on the back.
All of the card stock used for the background base mats, die cuts and printed digital images is Neenah Solar White.
Some shots to show the glittery shimmer on the card:
I loved how my background came out and I hope you liked my card!
Linking to these Challenges:
2. Outlawz Color Challenge for Feb. 12: Photo Inspiration + DIY Background - see post for explanation of how I created my DIY background and the colors I chose for the challenge.
3. Double Trouble Challenge #22:Do You Believe in Magic with Use Your Stuff - I believe in unicorn magic! Thing 1 - explained in post with image; Thing 2 - Linked to Use Your Stuff Thing 3 - I believe that unicorns are mythical and magical, so they are on my card with glitter and sparkle.
4. Use Your Stuff #348: Do You Believe in Magic? Double Trouble Team-Up - I believe in unicorns and that they are magical!
5. A Vintage Journey: Your Heart's Desire - Mixed Media and a little 70's Vintage Retro look to this card - think Rainbow Brite and My Little Pony ;-)
6. Try It On Tuesday: Powder Your... - I used embossing powder on my background, front and back.
8. Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media: Vintage - my card has a 70's Vintage Retro feel to it. I combined dry collage layering, inks/markers, heat embossing, stamping and direct-to-paper technique.
9. Colour Crazy Wk 6 : Always AG - I coloured with my Distress Markers.
10. Mix It Up #2: AG + Rubber Band Stamping - I made my background with the Rubber Band Brayer technique
15. Sparkles Monthly #113: Include an Animal - Unicorn: mythical horse
16. Time Out Challange #129: RETRO - my card has that 70's vintage retro feel, think My Little Pony and Rainbrow Brite ;-) I did NOT choose to do the optional one layer card.
17. 613 Avenue Create #218: Use a Critter - Unicorn: Mythical horse critter
That's it for me - hope everyone has a great week! I know I will -- my birthday is on Thursday! xoxo