Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Squirrels and Snow Ladies

Hello, Tuesday and Hello, Blogging Friends. I'm posting to share 2 cards today. One is a Valentine and the other is a Christmas card.

 
First, the Valentine: I used this sketch by Lucy Chesna of My SketchWorld sized to A2. 

Supplies Used:
Office Depot card stock for base, heart mat and sentiment
SU black card stock
Graph paper for inside liner
DCWV patterned paper
Decorative paper heart ephemera and ribbon and mylar hearts confetti from my stash
Stamps: Gerda Steiner, Papertrey Ink, Clear Dollar, Cornish Heritage Farms, Artistic Outpost, K&C0 Brenda Walton, Bo Bunny
Inks: Ranger Archival Thistle
Dies: Gerda Steiner, Clear Dollar
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

I really love these colors. The card began with the heart. I saw it in my stash and said let's use this. I was lucky to find the paper after just a few seconds of searching. I matted the heart on card stock and fussy cut a white border. I like the way I've accented with white AND black. 

 
The inside and back of the card: I used my scraps to make the back. Added a liner to the inside just for grins,




A close-up of the beautiful patterned paper - hard to photograph all the lovely!



Linking Up To These Challenges:
1. My SketchWorld Facebook Card Challenge
2. Gerda Steiner Monthly Share Your GSDesigns - I used the squirrels from the Fall in Love set
3. ABMTTC #85: AG
4. CHNPPC Feb: AG with Patterned Papers
5. Brown Sugar #287: St. Valentine's Day
6. Colour Crazy Wk 5: AG with Colouring - I used Spectrum Noirs to color the squirrels
7. Jo's Scrap Shack #268: AG
8. TTCRD for week of 2/12: Always AG
9. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #23: AG with a Critter - mine are squirrels
10. C4C#470: Make a Valentine Card
11. 613 Avenue Create #218: AG + Opt. Twist Use a Critter - I used squirrels

_________________________________________________________________________

 Next up is my Christmas card. AND NO SKETCH - GASP! haha For years I've been wanting to try one of these telescoping cards and now I have. This is it closed up. I can now say, been there, done that. May make another someday but not any time soon! It did a number on my concentration, as once again, I chose to figure it out organically and not find a tutorial. I got through it really without any mistakes, but it's a finicky card that requires being careful with more so than a regular card. I decided to make it for my mother-in-law as she loves these kinds of decorations for the holidays.

Supplies Used:
Michael's Recollections Heavy Duty and Office Depot card stocks
Colorbok Patterned Paper card stock
Stamps: Flourishes, Papertrey Ink
Inks: Ranger Archival
Dies: Sizzix, Lil B, Spellbinders, MFT
1-1/4" circle punch
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
Misc: enamel dots, googly eyes, ribbon, brads from my stash

 And here is the front of it, opened. I chose to make a Snow LADY because, well, don't think I've ever seen anyone do that! I had a leftover piece of die cut scallop and colored it for her hair. I used a Sizzix butter dish die for the hat and MFT sequin dies for the buttons. I also used both plain circle dies and scalloped ones, by Lil B and Spellbinders.
Showing the back as I took great care to make it neat and tidy. You can see my only mistake - adhering the back panel of the bottom circle too soon, so I had to hide that last brad with a punched and colored circle on sticker paper. It looks like a bunny tail! Haha - perfect caption for this view is, does that bunny tail make my butt look too big?

Linking Up to These Challenges:
1. Jingle Belles JB19:03 Make a Shaped Card
2. Winter Wonderland: Anything Christmas Goes & Tribute to Eileen
3. MLCCB #7: ACG
4. Crafting From The Heart #236: Always AG
5. LTCCB #31: Always AG
6. HLS Anything Goes with Dies

7. Crafts Galore Encore #60: AG

That's it for me today - whew! Have a wonderful evening. Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back tomorrow, xoxoxo

13 comments:

SmilynStef said...

how fun is that cute little showman ... what creative construction ... so glad you *shaped-up* with us at Jingle Belles.

Sheryl said...

A real cute couple! Love the richness of the background colour.
So glad you stopped by at 613 avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

lauren bergold said...

ooooh! what a cool design, i had never even heard of telescoping cards, that is such an amazing concept! i love that it looks cool when folded as well as stretched, too; beautiful job! thanks for getting in shape with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Darlene said...

OMG that snowman is just tooooooo cute! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

Darlene
Merry Little Christmas DT
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two very, very cute cards. That snoman is a hoot. I, too, have been wanting to do this style of card but never got around to it. You did a perfect job with it!!

craftysahmiam said...

Thanks for sharing your fun snow person telescoping card with us at Love To Craft

~ginny said...

Aimeslee, thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613. I especially like your punny sentiment - and I like that your critters fit our challenge!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Christine Harrop said...

The telescoping card is new to m too - very clever! Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland. Christine DT

Jackie C said...

What a stunner! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Aimeslee! Such a darling little squirrel pair on your beautiful Valentine heart! That sentiment completely grabbed my attention and brought and happy chuckle from my lips - fantastic creation! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Helen said...

A super fun card with the clever die cut snowman, Aimeslee! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Gores with Dies Challenge this month!

Alina Florea said...

Lovely card! Thank you for entering our challenge at Brown Sugar and good luck! Alina DT