Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Howdy Y'all

Howdy, y'all. I'm sharing a couple of Valentines tonight, and I have a few more to come. But tonight, the focus is on bees and coffee.


 
It's a rarity these days for me not to use a sketch and no exceptions here. In fact, I am showing you last week's Atlantic Hearts sketch in addition to this week's because I began planning this card last week and pretty much lucked out as to how similar the sketches are. So I could finish it for this week's sketch. It's so funny how this card evolved - one mistake after another! First, I scored the fold wrong and that birthed the idea to die cut the top edge, except I taped the die down to the card stock and it pulled up some of the surface along with the tape. So I punted and found a Kaisercraft border element to cover it up, which led me to using the coordinating paper collection. For what the card has been through, I am very proud of it! heehee
Supplies Used:
Michaels Recollections Heavy card stock
Kaisercraft Bubblegum Hills papers and embellishments
Avery Elle Heart Frame die
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alpha stickers
Card stock Bee and Flowers from my stash
  
The inside and back of my card.
Linking to these Challenges:
1. Atlantic Hearts Sketch #303 - see sketch above
2. Double Trouble #21: Flowers (Bzzz) + AH Sketch - Flowers for Thing 1, Sketch for Thing 2, A Bee for Thing 3 -- Triple Wheee!
 
  
3. ABMTTC #85: AG Always
4. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #23: AG with a Critter - See my Bee
5. 613 Avenue Create #218: AG with Optional Twist Use a Critter - See my Bee
6. Crazy 4 Challenges Wk 470: Make a Valentine Card
7. HLS February CAS: Friends - this is a Valentine for a dear friend

8. LTCCB  #31: AG
_______________________________________________________________________

  
My next card uses a digital image that I printed out and colored with my Distress markers and inks. I used this sketch AND theme of hearts from Stamplorations, PLUS the digital image stamp is theirs as well.  I created the sentiment digitally in PSE before I printed out.

Supplies Used:
Michaels Recollections Heavy card stock
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock
Stamps: Stamplorations, Artistic Outpost, K&Co Brenda Walton, Avery Elle, Flourishes, Autumn Leaves
Ranger Distress Markers & Inks
 
Here's the inside and the back of my card. 
Linking to these Challenges:
1. Stamplorations February Theme & Sketch: Stamps & Hearts

2. Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge
3. More Mixed Media: AG + Opt. RED
4. Catch the Bug Theme Challenge: Love Is In The Air
5. Card Mania #113: Love Is In The Air
6. A Vintage Journey Feb. Challenge: Your Heart's Desire
7. Paper Girls #169: Red, White & Pink

That's it for me. Thanks for dropping by to visit and I hope you liked my cards. Back in a flash - til then, be blessed! xoxo



13 comments:

Dawn Sirdefield said...

What a fun card. I love love love that cute little bee. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at 613 Avenue Create this time. Hope to see you again next time too.
Dawn DT xxx

craftysahmiam said...

Thanks for sharing your colorful and adorable Bee Mine card with us at Love To Craft

crafty-stamper said...

Great valentine cards love the Bee and the heart frame.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful Valentines cards, the images are lovely . I liked the second one with the cup of Latte.
Yvonne xx

Chana Malkah said...

I absolutely love your "Bee Mine Card!" I love the color integration and the overall cohesiveness of the project. You definitely chose fun and interesting elements.
Thanks so much for leaving this on our front porch at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
A Place To Start Challenge Blog

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love how you incorporated both sketches from AHSC as one card, and it does fit either one of their challenges. Very pretty and fun card. And actually your second card could also be included in both the Double Trouble "Make It Flowers" and Atlantic Hearts sketch #303...beautiful card. I know you can't add your second card within the same post, but just as information, some people do an Instagram account or Pinterest and enter from there, not as involved as a post. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Atlantic Hearts sketch challenges.

Diana Soling said...

All of your cards are great. I love how you were able to combine both sketches to create your card. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

papercraftingprincess said...

Both of your cards are full of magic and from the sounds of it a little mayhem! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

create.365 said...

Love how you embraced the sketches and the spring-like color palettes you chose! Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week

Brandi said...

OMG I love it. I love the wreath such a cute one. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Aimeslee, boy you do such a great job with these sketches. All of your cards have turned out beautifully! I hope you are well and wanted to thank you for your kind words of encouragement on my blog. I've missed seeing your art! Big hugs, Autumn

*Vicki* said...

Both of these cards are amazing!! Really love that sweet bee and your punny sentiment to go with him! Love the Spring colors too! Thank you for sharing your creation for the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge this month! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

BożenA said...

A beautiful card, beautifully designed. I love her colors
Thank you for sharing this great card with us at HLS CAS.
Bożena DT HLS