Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all!

Today I have a couple of  holiday-appropriate cards to share:

I used this sketch and some old Marah Johnson rock n rock grunge scrapbook designs from back in the day. I wrapped the ribbon around a piece of cardstock before adding to the card front. Added brads to the ribbon. I added the long rectangle embellishment and the corner brads. It was a pretty simple card to make.

Supplies Used:
Office Depot card stock
DCWV Mat Stack
Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson papers, embellishments and ribbon
Heart brads from my stash
Corner rounder punch
Stamps: Artistic Outpost, Avery Elle

 
The inside and back of my card...
One last shot...



Linking to these Challenges:

__________________________________________________________________

And now for Card #2:

 
The sketch I used this time was in homage to Cards In Envy which closes its challenge doors with this sketch. Sad to see them go as I only recently discovered them. But I enjoyed what I had! As you know, I resize my sketches in PSE and when I made this an A2, it changed the large circle to an oval and I went with it! 

Supplies Used:
Michaels Recollections Heavy card stock
DCWV patterned paper
Red construction paper
Promarkers alcohol markers (for coloring the digi stamp)
Dies: Avery Elle Dotted Elle-ments, Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals
Paper hearts confetti from my stash
Wink of Stella red glitter pen
Uni Ball Signo white gel pen
Zebra Sarasa green gel pen
Sakura red metallic gel pen

I have fallen in love with this lil llama. The digital stamps set has 3 of them. It's primarily a Christmas set, the other two llamas are decked out all holly jolly, but there is one nekked llama with a heart on her hind quarters, and I said that's perfect for a Valentine! 

Did some cutting and pasting with one of the sentiments in the set to make it good for this card...

 A close-up of the seriously cute llama...that I colored with my Promarkers and gel pens.

And the back of my card. I left the inside blank to write a personal note.


Linking to these Challenges:
6. Colour Crazy Week 5: Always AG - I used my Promarker alcohol markers to color my llama.

Well, that's it for me today. L'amour L'amour, Tou jours l'amour! Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful manana! xoxo

15 comments:

Lochhildegard said...

What beautiful Cards!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Love your sweet Card with the Llama ๐Ÿ‘
Thank you for playing around with us in the Creative Playground
Hugs
Hilde (Dt member Imaginethat)

Annie said...

Stunning cards Aimslee and its lovely of you to share your first card with us over at A Vintage Journey challenge blog x Love the layers and the heart just pop against the backgrounds x
Best Wishes
Annie CG x

froebelsternchen said...

Both are simply wonderful - I love them both! The romantic first one and the cute second one!

You never cease to amaze with your projects - Terrific and just perfect made! Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More! I added your link - sorry - I don't know why it didn't work for you - so sorry ♥♥♥
Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day! Happy weekend
Susi

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable Llama card! And it works perfect with our sketch! Thank you for sharing with us for our final challenge at Cards in Envy.

Chana Malkah said...

Cute card and a nice take on the sketch! Very nice construction! Thanks for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner/Designer
613 AVenue Create Challenge Blog
https://avenue613.blogspot.com
A Place To Start Challenge Blog
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

Meggymay said...

Awesome cards Aimslee, I loved this last one with the cute LLama
Yvonne xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Great cards, super cute Llama image too which also fits perfectly with our theme at Passion for Promarkers, thank you for joining in the fun this week.
Lorraine DT

Sherri Thacker said...

Thanks for posting to our very last challenge at Cards in Envy. This card is fabulous and I do love this llama. I haven't seen him before. He's so cute!!

Ozstuff said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with your friends at Take a Word.

Jackie Cornfield said...

Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Rosie said...

Wonderful cards.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

~ginny said...

Welcome back Aimeslee, thank you so much for sharing your another project. I especially like the detail you have included on this one - from the border holes to the white pen work. And I like that your critter fits our challenge!
~ginny,
DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Helen said...

Love this! Such a cute image and a great card.

Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

Helen x

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x

Alina Florea said...

Very beautiful card. Love the whole combination :) Thank you for entering our challenge at Brown Sugar and good luck! Alina DT