Saturday, February 16, 2019

A Little Romance...

Happy Saturday! The weekend is here. I had to take Friday off from everything, even posting. I had this card ready to show, just didn't have the get-up-and-go. We had a family event in the evening, so I rested up for it and from the Valentine card-a-thon I've been on for the last couple of weeks.

 
This is the Valentine I made for our daughter and son-in-love. I followed this sketch rotated sideways. I've been looking for opportunities to use up this ribbon I bought too much of - vertical hearts on a ribbon is not as nice-looking when the hearts are sideways, lol. Why didn't I think of that at time of purchase?
Supplies Used:
SU card stock
DCWV patterned papers
Stamps: Artistic Outpost and EKSuccess
Inks: Momento
Dies: Spellbinder heart, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders
Stash items: ribbon, chipboard hearts, Romance fabric label, unknown collage sheet image

This is just a simple matted and layered card. The colors and black matting make it dramatic. I distressed the edges of the bottom paper layer to grunge it up just a tad. In addition to the ribbon, I also got to use other stash bits such as the chipboard hearts, the Romance fabric label and the collage sheet image that I forgot long ago who made. I used wavy border dies on the top papers to add movement and interest.

 
Here are the inside of the card and the back. A heart die and siggie were cut from pink scraps. More edge-distressing on the back.
Linking to these Challenges:
8. MIUCB #22: AG - Did not do Optional Twist

That's it for me. Thanks for dropping by and until next time, get artsy and be blessed! xoxox


9 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow--- this card is so beautiful and beautifully created Aimeslee! And now you know how to use up this ribbon..isn't ir good to take part in challenges - specially the sketch challenges are sometines so fun to do!
And you made us happy at Moo Mania & More ( added your link, so sorry for that link-desaster for you this fortnight, I hope when a fresh linky is installed next time you will be able to link without any problems again!) and Try It On Tuesday!
We appreciate to have you with us at the challenges with your always perfect and beautiful makes !

Happy weekend! I love the term "son-in-love". That makes a perfect name for my daughter's boyfriend - I will use this term for him now as well ♥♥♥

Susi

Meggymay said...

All your Valentines cards have been fantastic. This one has a super romantic design and looks amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Ozstuff said...

Thankyou for sharing your beautiful artwork with your friends at Take a Word.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a great card and a great way to use up your ribbon. You followed the sketch so perfectly. I like the hearts in the corners too. Didn't send out any Valentine cards this year. Great work Aimes!--Bethie.

Taluula said...

Oh wow, I love your card. Bravo.

My name is Erika. said...

I love the way your used the ribbons on this piece. It is different than usual and really adds to your pretty piece. Thanks for joining us for this Romance at Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A great Valentine card, love your interpretation of the sketch to use the heart ribbon - I've got something similar, so thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

Rosie said...

A wonderful card.

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Aimeslee - your work is so beautiful - and so creative! I cannot even imagine doing anything like this - you have my undying admiration for all this gorgeous - and charming - work!