Monday, February 18, 2019

Blue Iguana Love

Happy Monday, Ya'll! Whew, Honey and I had a fun and very full weekend, going out both nights, and at our age that's pushing it, lol. We were so happy just to be able to do nothing but home life yesterday and recuperate. I did manage to create my first Valentine card for 2020, which I'm sharing with you today.
 
I finally got to use a Mojo sketch again! This sketch was made for my Knock Knock stamps with those two sentiment strips. And since one of those stamps involves an Iguana, I went searching for one to color and found it at Ike's Art. Her current challenge is B for Blue, so I made it a Blue Iguana and when I went google-image searching for iguanas, I learned that blue iguanas are actually a real thang. So, my unusual but Karma-infused Valentine card was born!
Supplies Used:
Office Depot white index card stock
SU light blue card stock
MFT 6x6 Sweet Stack patterned paper
Stamps: Ike's Art, WPlus9
Ink: Versafine Clair Warm Breeze
Dies: Spellbinders Circle Nesties
Promarkers for colouring image and card stock
PrismaColour white wax pencil
Stash items: pink confetti heart, white foam lace
I resized my iguana image in PSE to fit inside a 2-1/4" circle and printed out on my card stock, then die cut it and a circle the next size bigger for a mat. I colored the mat with a Promarker, and then got down to coloring my image. Using the white wax pencil, I made little dots all over the iguana (which you can barely see in the photos) and then I colored the rim of the image circle. I thought about trying to make him more scaly, but since he is printed out pretty tiny as it is, I left him as is. I'm thinking now I should have flipped him horizontally in PSE so that he is facing the rest of the card, but oh well. I'll just pretend he's eccentric like that. Heehee
The rest of the card was pretty simple to construct, but only after wrestling with getting a good print from those Knock Knock stamps. Sigh! I may have to give up on them and trash them. This time I used the VersaFine Clair ink and made several different prints and wasted card stock. Finally took my best prints and used the white wax pencil to trace over the letters on each sentiment. It gave them a hazy look, but a look you can at least read! Cut them all out with a thin white border and then cut strips of the light blue and more white card stock for matting. Colored the card stock again with my Promarkers so they matched the image mat. I also distressed the edge of the hearts paper for a little texture and interest.
  
Here is the inside and back of my card. I did the same stack-matting with the inside sentiments as on the front, then I used more coordinating paper and leftover scraps for the back.
And here is a photo from up top - love to see the coordinating look when I used matching papers!
Linking to these Challenges:
1. Mojo Monday Sketch #509
2. Ike'sWorld Challenge #117: AG with B is for Blue
3. Crafting from the Heart #237: Always AG (1st entry of 3 max)
4. Moo Mania #184: Love is in the Air
5. A Bit More Time to Craft #86: Always AG
6. HLS Anything Goes with Dies: February
7. CHNPPC: Anything Goes with Patterned Papers
8. Colour Crazy Week 6: AG with Colouring - I used my Promarkers on the iguana and the darker blue card stock
9. Sparkles Monthly #113: Include an Animal - my animal is a Blue Iguana
10. Through the Craft Room Door Wk of Feb 12: AG (2nd entry of 2 max)
11. Passion for Promarkers Wk 480: Something Beginning with L (my Valentine card is a LOVE card and an Iguana is a large docile species of LIZARD)
12. Jo's Scrap Shack: Always AG  (1st entry of 3 max)
13. Crafts Galore Encore #60: AG   (1st entry of 3 max)
14. Card Mania #113: Love is in the Air
15. 613 Avenue Create #218: AG + Optional Twist Use a Critter - My Optional Twist Critter is a Blue Iguana
16. Creative Crafters #13: AG
17. Double Trouble Challenge #22: Thing 1 Troublemaker - Tic*Tac*ToeI'm playing only Thing 1 and I chose the Blues Hues/Image Stamp Digital/Die or punch diagonal. I used blues, a digital iguana stamp and 2 circle nestie dies.

18. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #23: AG with a Critter - My Critter is a Blue Iguana

That's it for me tonight. Thanks for coming by to see me! Hope your week goes well, xoxo

17 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so funny, it's made my day! But seriously??? You're already working on Valentine's Day cards for 2020??!! And I thought I was organised! Fantastic image and papers, and super sentiments! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Passion for Promarkers!
Linda

Dawn Phillips said...

What a fantastic card. I never would have chosen an iguana. I love the knock knock sentiment though. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Sheryl said...

A really colourful card with a super image.
So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What?! 2020? You rock Aimes! Your blue iguana totally rocks! I hear you about just taking the time to relax at home. Of course, I cannot just sit to I colour or knit while watching TV. I'm sure you can relate my dear. Have a great day--Bethie.

papercraftingprincess said...

My 2020 Valentines are just left over from 2019 - not made intentionally, just not mailed in time. I love the knock knock idea...very cute. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

VEANA R. said...

What a beautiful Valentine card!
Thank you for playing with us at Card Mania Challenge !
Hugs, Veana R.-DT
https://veanar1.blogspot.com/

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a fun card, and love how you did the inside and backside of the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble's TicTacToe.

Sall said...

I love that image it's fabulous but also the colours are incredible. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

ike said...

That is amazing. Such an excellent choice of colours. Thanks for using one of my images.
Thank you for coming to play at IkesWorld Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

jimlynn said...

I've never heard of a blue iguana but hey, it works for me - and I LOVE your fun card!!!! Precious and so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
Lynn

Monica C. said...

Wow, you are definitely well ahead of the times. Love the blue iguana, he looks great on your card.
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Alyson Mayo said...

I don't know that I have ever seen an iguana image used in this manner before but it is hilarious! Your card itself is so well done - beautiful colour scheme and well designed. Thanks for making my day - and sharing with the Double Trouble challenge :)

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

LOL .. (^_^) .. Too Funny. Love this blue iguana and the overall design of you card. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Colour Crazy Challenge. AJ DT CCC

Vickie Y said...

Fun image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the blue iguana!
Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Paddington fan said...

What a fabulous iguana and fun sentiment! Thank you for joining our animal challenge over at Sparkles this month, I do hope you'll join us again very soon,
Love Jacky x
Sparkles DT