Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hey, Cupcake!

Hope everyone has had a Happy Hump Day! 
Today, I have a birthday card for a girlfriend to share.

Supplies Used:
Recollections Heavy CS
MAMBI Glossy Red Happy Birthday CS
American Traditional Designs Confetti Vellum
Technique Junkies Silver Glitter Washi Tape
Spellbinders Label 5 dies
Elizabeth Craft Silver Cup Cake Peel-offs
Sequins from my Blackhole of Stash
Ranger Silver Detail EP
Stamps: Avery Elle and Hero Arts

Yes it's really silver glitter washi tape! I love it, too, very easy to use.

 
I used a sketch as usual, alternating strips of the red glossy cs with the glitter tape. And I finally used a Peel-Off for the first time. I'd been skeered to and how silly of me. I used tweezers and it went onto my paper without a hitch. Isn't it funny what we are afraid of? I have like 5 more on the sheet so you'll see more of them!

 
The inside and back of the card. I had some old balloons stationary I used to use for newsletters back when I had my tax and accounting biz, so I cut a piece to stamp the inside sentiment. On the back, I used off-cuts from my front stripes. I learned the hard way that the vellum tape runner really works. Used it for the card front, and should have used it on that back siggie strip. But I wasn't thinking and just grabbed my double sided tape. Oh well, I won't make that mistake again (hope)!

This shows you some of the shinecoming off the card. The red cs has the word "birthday" all over it, which you cannot see unless the light shines on it. The silver ep and the sequins caught the light here, but I couldn't get a good shot of the washi tape glittering like in real life. Trust me, though, it does!

Challenges Joined:
(My layers are vellum, patterned card stock & washi tape, vellum, focal on cs)

(My new stash is the glitter washi tape)
(I chose Layer It Up)

(I opted for Fun Technique - I used Peel-offs for the first time AND heat-embossed on vellum)


That does it for me this post. Thanks for dropping by and get artsy, xoxo.

1 comment:

TRACEY MO said...

What a pretty project.

Thanks for joining us at sparkles
Dt tracey