Thursday, January 17, 2019

Birthday Guy Card

Happy Thursday! 
I am popping in to share another take on CAS(E) This Sketch #304, a more artistic one than the red birthday card I shared yesterday.

  
Here's the sketch again, with my second card.

Supplies Used:
SU card stock
Watercolor paper
DCWV Heirloom Stack patterned paper
Tim Holtz stencils Speckles and Treads
Distress Inks - Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters, Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Gathered Twigs, Rusty Hinge
Stamps: Pink Paislee, Hero Arts, Clear Dollar, Northcoast Creations, The Paper Company

For this card I sponged Distress inks through 2 stencils to get the elemental marks of the sketch. Here I am just starting out with the Treads stencil and some Antique Linen and then Shabby Shutters ink colors...just 6 more to go, lol. I kept sponging from light colors to dark, over each preceding color layer until I was happy with it. I then sponged in the rest of the page in a lighter color and used my 2nd stencil (Speckles) in Forest Moss ink.

The front sentiment is stamped with Versafine Clair Acorn and heat-embossed, then fussy cut and popped up with 1/16" dimensionals. All edges of papers on front are distressed and inked.

 
The inside and back of my card. The inside sentiments are stamped with Versafine Clair Verdant Green ink.

One last look. I really like how organic and artistic this turned out. I think it will be a great birthday card for a guy or a gal. I did not make it with any one person in mind, so we shall see who it ends up going to.

Challenges Joined:
4. Mix It Up #21: Anything Goes Plus Sentiment as Main Focus

That's it for now. I may be back tonite with another card, but until then, have a great day and thanks for dropping in to see me. xoxo

No comments: