Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A New Year Birthday Card

Happy 2019, everybody! A new year is a rebirth, so it's somehow fitting that I have a colorful birthday card to share with you today, made for a special girlfriend who loves platitudes about life.

  
I've used Stamplorations Theme & Sketch for December as my inspiration, following both the colorful big words theme as well as the sketch. I also used all Stamplorations stamps on the front and the inside sentiments, as well as the butterflies. 

  
All the stamps I used are from these two stamp sets, Trendy Butterflies and Party Time!

The inside.

I am a little surprised at myself because this is a one-layer card and I very rarely do those. I created the pie-piece shapes by laying down some Artist's Tape and using my sponge finger daubers to lay down different colored inks. I used Hero Arts Neon Inks in several colors, and Memento Teal Zeal. Sequins from my stash were added to accent and give some allusion of movement.

For the back, I used a sheet of Lawn Fawn card stock and a scrap left over from cutting the the card base, a vellum circle and a Gelatins siggie stamp.

I hope my friend likes her card. I think she will. It's an interesting color combination, one I was just drawn to go with. I think it works.

Challenges I'm joining with this card:

Thank you for making a stop here to visit. I hope you come again. 
Enjoy our new year. Be blessed! xoxo


No comments: