Monday, December 31, 2018

One Last Christmas Card for 2018

Happy New Year's Eve to you all!

 
We had a late Christmas with our daughter and her fiance' this year, and I've waited to share the Christmas card I made from us. This card is a homage to their beloved beagle named Buckley, hence the sentiment which is a word play on Harry Truman's famous motto and desk sign The Buck Stops Here.  When I saw this digital stamp from the ITDS set Christmas Sled, I knew I just had to use it. I have also used this sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday .

This is my first time using a pre-colored digi stamp and the colors are amazing! It made my card look so much better, I thought. I plan to use more of them when I can. I won't use them all the time as I love coloring and have way too many markers to just quit using. But in a pinch, if I don't feel like coloring and I have ink, I know now that they are indispensable!

I used more of the vintage GinX papers as I have vowed to. They make a great neutral-ish background with their muted colors. I cut into a sheet of old 12x12 chocolate brown Chatterbox card stock for my 6x6" card base. I used the SU card stock in complementary colors that I'd pulled to keep with the GinX for the mats. I distressed my patterned paper edges with brown ink and my distressor tool. I created my front sentiment in PSE and printed out along with my digi stamp image. I used some blue ripped fabric strips from my stash. And I created 3 little embellishments with some Christmas tree brads, some QuicKutz Squeeze snowflake die cuts and some vellum circles.

The back of my card has the GinX snowflake paper that I also used as a front mat.

  
And here is sweet little Buckley in his corrective therapy booties after he hurt his left hind leg. Isn't he adorable?

Challenges I'm joining with my card:
3. Sunday Stamps #195: Winter Solitude Color Map - I've used 4 of the 5 colors (3 required).

That's all for now. Many thanks for dropping by and letting me share my creations with you, for all your interest and friendships this year and always, and Best Wishes for your best life in 2019! xoxoxo



No comments: