Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Thank You Card: Say It With Flower(s)

How did Monday treat you? I got my last thank you card made that I needed, so life is good right now. I am at the point in the holidays where I should have been months ago. I'm so jazzed with ideas for so many Christmas cards, but no time, too late! Then, after the holidays, when I do have time, no motivation. Sheesh!

  
   

I used another sketch for this card. Sketches are still keeping my brain-dead bo-hiny creating. This was a challenging design for me until I got one card made. Now, if I had the time I'd make another card with an Asian vibe as this sketch reminds me of that. I think that may be why I chose that scrap of patterned paper. 


Supplies:
Echo Park coated card stock
Unknown brand of patterned paper scraps (think I got them at Hobby Lobby a long time ago)
Flower embellishment, satin ribbon and Thanks a Bunch sticker from my stash
Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Nesties for Aperture
Orange Liquid Pearls for the flower center

I admit to having fits with this card. The flower in the center made me change the sentiment "line".  I took 3 separate sets of pics because each time I thought I was finished, and the first two times, the pics told me I wasn't. I am glad I worked until I had something I could be proud of... and that involved peeling up the sentiment without it tearing. The first time I had not included the green horizontal strip at all and saw it made the card design unbalanced. So, I added it. Then after taking the second set of pics, I realized I'd forgotten to fill the center of the flower. Ugh. What a great reminder to be thankful for digital? Delete and reshoot, gotta love it! 

Joining these challenges:
4. MIUCB #20: Anything Goes Opt. No Stamping (My card front has none.)
(OOps, I have already entered this challenge 5 times)


This completes all the Thank You cards I needed for Honey's retirement dinner back in SEPTEMBER! Awkward! I am just sending each attendee a Christmas card too, like it was the plan all along. Hope they fall for it! hahaha

Thanks for letting me share my art with you today. I wish you nothing but calm nerves and quick thinking this week! xoxo

No comments: