Friday, December 14, 2018

Joy to the World Sketch Card

Hello!! I am so glad to be sharing a make with you. I've had such problems lately creating, but I finally managed to get a card finished with the help of a sketch and a tag I'd made earlier this fall.


   

I used a wooden Inkadinkado stamp on the tag, which was a Basic Grey Dasher collection tag. So I just went with making a card with the same papers. 

  

I used a Spellbinders cover plate, Flurries, in a shiny grey card stock.


I also got to practice making another bow with my arthritic fingers. I like how this one turned out! And it is flat for mailing. I added an enamel snowmen charm for one of the star elements of the sketch, but everything else I tried looked wrong so just left it as is and am happy. I think maybe the big snowflakes in the cover plate is acting as a bottom star element and why it looks funny if I try to add something there. The red ric-rac could also be involved, so that's my bottom sketch element. 


I used a Papertrey Ink diecut and some BG scrap strips for the back, along with old trusty, my Avery Elle siggie stamp.


I adhered the cover plate with a tape runner which left a few sticky places, so out came the loose glitter. Sprinkling it on helps it be random and lightly sparkly.


The only problem with glitter is trying to snap it!


I am sharing my card with the following challenges:

8. Paper Girls #165: Die Cuts  (my snowflake cover flake and the tag are die cuts)
9. Cards In Envy: Spirit of Christmas (it's postal flat!)

Thanks so much for dropping by and allowing me to share my art with you.
Have a wonderful Friday and until next time, xoxo.







No comments: