Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sketchy Birthday Birds

Happy November! Wow, it's been two weeks since I have posted. My muse took a vacay but I think she's back now, part time at least.

My long-time art friend and I exchange holiday and birthday cards and it's her day coming up so this is the card I've made her. 
I have used Sketch #478 at Tuesday Morning Sketches and am joining in the sketch challenge. 


I began with the patterned paper, some very old 7Gypsies that looks a lot like wallpaper for a shabby vintage look:
Circa 2005, lol.

I ink-distressed edges of the paper with Memento Potted Clay and London Fog, direct to paper. Used a corner punch on it, too. Some layering with card stock using Spellbinders Labels dies, and Spellbinders Birds on a Wire die cutting two different colors of card stock I then layered slightly offset, like a shadow. Since my collage sheet image (a freebie given me long ago) has all the sentiments on it, I went with the birds as the banner and the sentiment line in the sketch. I used baker's twine and adhered the card mat to SU cranberry card stock base using it as my neutral color since I needed to pick up that color in the image.
The back, using the negative die cut from the front label and my Avery Elle siggie stamp. 
And inside, a Crafty Secrets sentiment in a stamped boxed frame...SeeDee's, I believe. 
One last view.

I'd also like to enter A Vintage Journey's Paper Stash challenge with my card. 

That's it for me, hope to be back tomorrow or Tuesday. 
Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope we all have a great week! 
Until next time, xoxo


No comments: