Monday, October 29, 2018

Happy Monday, Y'all!


 Happy Monday, Y'all!
EIGHT more Mondays is Christmas Eve! 
EEK!

Somewhere last year I'd read about a challenge to use a Halloween stamp as a Christmas stamp, but I never got around to doing it. So when the Jingle Belles challenge I try to always do announced a critter-centric theme and wrote "okay we're even allowing Christmas Monsters if you're in a Halloween mood and want to stretch the theme", I said, hey, I'm gonna try that! I used a very old Third Coast Rubber Stamp of a black cat peeking out from a witch's legs, but I used Christmas colors and added a Santa hat and bow tie, shimmer and bling. How'd I do? Does it pass for a Christmas card? I mean, I guess even witches and black cats celebrate Christmas, right? ;-)

I followed this sketch and as I am not naturally gifted at Clean And Simple, I followed this sketch religiously! I think I succeeded. Hope so. The image sits in a Lawn Fawn Polaroid frame die cut, stamped with Versafine Clair and heat-embossed, and colored with Promarkers.


I used a Lawn Fawn stamp for the Santa hat and an Avery Elle bow tie stamp. I wanted a rich red ink, so I went with my Memento Luxe Love Letter and heat-embossed. Then I took a Poppy Promarker and colored. Even colored over the embossed bow tie to make it a richer and redder before fussy-cutting. Now I have 4 more of these each to use on future cards. While it wasn't THAT hard to cut out the hat, I ended up buying the dies to the hats stamp set last night. It was a good price on Amazon. :-)


The sentiment on the front is by Papertrey Ink. The sentiments I used inside the card are by Sweet n Sassy and Hero Arts.


And the Avery Elle siggie stamp on the back. I used a sheet of Crafters Companion shimmering card stock for the card base and that stuff is thick and crisp. Took heat embossing well. Scores like butter, too. Good stuff. Two gold sequins, some clear Wink of Stella on my image and some tri-color glitter ric-rac ribbon finished it off.


So I hope you like my Halloween-for-Christmas Critter sketch card. Glad I got that out of my system ;-) 

I am linking this card up to the following 5 challenges (I am limited to only 5 this time - waaaaa!):

1. Jingle Belles - Use an Animal (I used a cat)
2. CAS Colours & Sketches #295 - Sketch (and no more than 5 challenges total)

Okay, that does it for me today. 
Thanks for allowing me to share my art with you!
As always, I hope you have a great artsy week!
Until next time,
xoxoxoxo





No comments: