Monday, November 19, 2018

An Homage to Veterans - Better Late Than Never

Happy new week to everyone! I want to share a Veterans Day tag with you today. It's one of my seasonal home decorations for my little art corner, so it's a two-sided tag.
Here is the front side. I did a lot of stamping: the tag topper, the fireworks, the sentiment Honor The Heroes. All were heat embossed. I colored the tag topper with my Tombow Markers because the Turquoise blue and Crimson red were the shades I was looking for.

I used some pre-printed canvas ribbon I've had forever on the bottom. The poppies are a die cut, also colored with my Tombows. The ribbon and twine tied at the top are all from my stash.

I love how the silver embossing powder makes those fireworks shine. I sprayed a few different shades of my Smooch Spritz shimmer sprays over the fireworks, quickly soaking up the excess with a paper towel, then gently rubbing the spray ink off the embossing as it acted as a resist. I believe I used silver, gold and turquoise sprays.

On the back side of the tag, I also stamped several old flags and heat embossed them all. I also stamped the VET and all the smaller words as well as another tag topper. Again, I colored the topper and flags with Tombows.

I sprayed a little gold shimmer spray on this side, but I was afraid I'd get major running of the markers, so you can barely see it on camera. 
  
So here you can see both sides of my tag together. I know it's a week late, but I have just had one of those weeks and weeks! Late on everything. It was something I wanted to get done, though, and will have in my decorations box next year to honor our many family, friends and all who have served for Veterans Day.

I am sharing this tag with the following challenges:

That's it for me for now. Hope to see you soon. May we all find some time to get inky, arty, and happy! xoxo

No comments: