Monday, October 22, 2018

FULL MOON HALLOWEEN

Happy Monday!
Today, I am sharing a glue-booked art journal spread, using deli and scrapbook paper, washi tape, heat-embossed and fussy cut stamped images, a printed quote off the internetz and some die cuts.

The idea for this spread began as a play on the double meaning of "full moon", so that meant it would go in my Puns & Roses journal and I would glue book it...dry paper collage, basically. (This journal is for all kinds of wordplay. Click HERE if you want to read the blog post about the recover and see all my pages in it so far.) I also wanted to enter it in multiple challenges that had creatures, plants and book pages as themes, in addition to the normal Autumn/Halloween themes.
My spread began with cutting down a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper and adhering it with glue stick. I bordered all edges with washi tape.
I found a great graphic quote on the internet and printed it out. I then took a piece of deli paper and used the book text stamp by Bo Bunny to stamp in Pumice Stone Distress Ink and heat emboss it with clear powder. Then I tore the paper by hand, edged it with some white pencil, adhered with glue stick,  then dusted it and the moon with Pearl Perfect Pearls and set it with water.
I also used a Glitz book page text stamp (the middle stamp in the set shown) on the background of a Spellbinders Fancy Tag 2 die cut, using the same ink, AFTER I 'd stamped the die cut with a Third Coast Rubber Stamps sentiment that I'd stamped with black VersaFine Clair pigment ink and heat-embossed. The flying witch is also by TCRS (as well as both mooning witches). The ghost is a QuicKutz 2x2 Squeeze die. I colored the flying witch with Promarkers.

Speaking of mooning witches, here's their close-up and they are a couple of wicked creatures! Both are colored with Promarkers after being stamped, heat-embossed, then fussy-cut. The Spellbinders and Tim Holtz die cut leaves might look familiar, as I had them left over from my recent Fall Fantasy spread. Since every Halloween sound of my childhood included foot-crunching fallen leaves as we trick-or-treated, I just had to include some! They are laying on top of some Tim Tissue Tape.
Here are the two sets of Tim Holtz tapes from which I used for this spread.

This is my favorite little scenario here, all stamped, heat-embossed, colored and fussy-cut. The expressions are priceless and all the more cool to me because I used only the stamps I had on hand. Tissue tape peeking out from under die cut leaves here as well.
The pumpkin creature on the ground is from the Pink Persimmon Vintage Pumpkins set and the little girl witch and her pumpkin creature cohorts are from the Crafty Secrets Halloween set. I don't think any of these stamp manufacturers are still in business. All stamps I used are either rubber or clear.

I hope you enjoyed my take on the Halloween Full Moon!

I am linking up with the following challenges:
1. Art Journal Journey: Creature Comforts - I'm focusing on the creatures!
3. Country View Challenge October: Plant-tastic - I have trees, leaves, pumpkins

That's it for me this time. 
Thanks for allowing me to share my art with you. 
Have a great week! 
Until next time, 
xoxo

No comments: