Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Joy Choir Christmas in the Pink

Hello and Happy Hump Day!

On the Christmas card I am sharing today, I used a Technique Junkies rubber stamp called Angel Choir 
and I used last week's Freshly Made Sketch #358. I did not get it made in time to link it but that's okay. 
The whole idea for this card began with this lowly piece of negative die cut waste. I had by chance placed the die down right in the center of my card stock or close enough for gov't work. When this happens, I always save the negative thinking, I can use that! Yes, I'm pretty hopeless [hangs head while chuckling].
So I stamped the image with some of my new Versafine Clair pigment ink (which is awesome) in black and then heat embossed it with clear powder. I colored it with my Promarker alcohol markers and then used my Sakura gold shadow gel pen to color the halos and the horn. I used my Sakura silver gel pen to color all of the wing feathers and the stars and floor. 
I had some pink and green striped ribbon so I wrapped some around a card stock strip to stabilize it and added it below my image after framing it with my negative diecut.
On the inside, I stamped sentiments from Lawn Fawn and Hero Arts.
And on the back of the card, I got a little carried away with these baubles I'd punched from some very old KI Memories shimmer paper trying to use it up (not yet!). The paper behind it is also old, remember Mod?
Mod was part of Autumn Leaves back in its heyday. Yes, that's 2006. I love proving just what a packrat I am, I guess. ;-)

Some detail shots trying to capture the shiny gold halos...

...and the Lawn Fawn Scripty Joy die cut I had left over from a previous card, with a few more baubles and the stamped Papertrey Ink "to the world" .

This is probably my best shot of the silver wings. 
I hope you liked my card. I am linking it to the following challenges:
1. Jingle Belles Pink Christmas For The Cure (my 3rd and final entry)
2. Freshly Made Sketch #358 (even though I missed the deadline, I did use the sketch.)
I chose the middle horizontal trio: patterned paper (my baubles), stamped image, and my negative die cut (die is by Little B's) + my Lawn Fawn Scripty Joy die cut.
This is a Christmas card, but hey, it's for Jesus' birthday so I hope it qualifies. ;-)
I used clear embossing powder as I described above on my image stamped with Versafine Clair pigment ink.

That's all for me today. Thanks for dropping by!
Hope your day is awesome! See ya'll again soon!
xoxo

No comments: