Monday, September 3, 2018

Riding the Wave


Happy Labor Day to all who celebrate it! I have a labor of love to share with you today, a Summer Home Décor tag that will hang in my art corner once I finish the scene on the other side.

My tag features one of The Cat's Pajamas stamp originals - Poochie Frankie, so old he's mounted on wood!

And his lovely gal pal, Hula Cat.

Since I began making Christmas at the end of June, I realized I wasn't going to be able to add to my Summer Decorations much, so in my odd moments between cards I've been building some Summery collage pieces and finally finished this one so far. My beginning was a #10 white tag that I sponged with some Nick Bantock Deep Turquoise ink from my Use It Up box. The paper bits are scraps from previous projects. I used a border punch for the blue waves.

Fussy-cut Frankie after stamping and coloring him. Stamped the Avery Elle sentiment and fussy-cut the sun from some DCWV patterned pad paper.

Please ignore the brown-stamped land and palm tree which I ended up not using. I stamped and colored Hula Cat, fussy-cut her as well, but I also stamped her multiple times to get extra hula skirt leaves which I colored and cut out to layer on.

Here you can see them layered onto her skirt and I only adhered them at the tops, so I could curl them a bit for dimension. I added a palm tree die cut from Impression Obsession and Stickled the sun with Distress Spiced Marmalade for some sunshine. My clouds are Fiskars squeeze punches.

I am sharing my tag in the following challenges:

1. Try It On Tuesday: Take a Ride Challenge - Poochie Frankie is riding a wave because Surf's Up!

2. Mix It Up Challenge #17: Anything Goes + Optional 3 or more Layers - I think I've got 3 counting the hula skirt leaves, and 4 if the tag base counts.

3. Tag Tuesday Challenge: Time / Clocks - Hostess Joan is allowing us to interpret this liberally. This tag was made with our 2012 Hawaiian cruise in mind and will always remind us of that special time. Plus, when Surf's Up, it's time to ride a wave! haha (And my Honey used to be a surfer back in the day...why I used Frankie.)

4. Love to Scrap Challenge #113: Anything Goes (must have stamping) - Frankie and Hula Cat and sentiment all stamped with rubber and clear.

5. Retro Rubber Challenge #94: Anything Goes - every stamp I used is older than a year. The Cat's Pajama stamps are probably 7 years old or more. The Avery Elle stamp is at least 2 years old.

That's all for me today. I'll be back tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day! xoxo

No comments: