Wednesday, August 29, 2018

They Call Me Mellow Yellow...Quite Rightly!

Hello Blogging Friends! As I type this, a miracle is occurring. A thunderstorm has blown through and it's now 78 degrees F in August in the Houston area. Probably for just an hour but hey, I'll take it!

After working doggedly for days and days on this art journal / glue book spread, I have finally deemed it finished...enough, lol. As it is the 29th of the month, it better be finished so I can enter it in a few monthly challenges I had in mind for it. This is in my Puns & Roses book (clicking on the link will show you all the spreads I've done up to now), where I deal with Plays on Words. I have been including Color Spreads using words describing that color. This is Yellow.

I took some process shots of the background that I will share. Here is my naked page. It shows how I keep my ideas for the spreads - yellow sticky notes. This was formerly a lined blank diary of my daughter's that has a nice stitched binding. 

I began by covering the spread with these cigarette rolling papers a friend gifted me when she heard I was doing a yellow spread. The idea of using them was just too temptingly weird not to, ya know? They're like rice paper, so they went on like butter.

Next I glued down a couple of yellow bits of mulberry paper and die cut some yellow scraps with some Tim Mixed Media dies.

Added some punched yellow circles...

And then some stenciling with yellow inks...

Colored in some with a yellow pencil. And then the collaging began, which apparently excited me so much I quit taking pics after this one, lol. 

A few close-ups. The collage sheet images I used were from Crowabout, Gecko Galz and Dezinaworld.

I also used letter stickers from my Black Hole of Stash that I colored with my Pitt Artists Big Brush Pens.

There is one lone stamped item: that sun. I heat embossed it gold.

The words around my spread's border were saved from this project: a very old scrapbooking layout I did of my mom where I used word strips. I saved the extras I'd printed all these years and when I looked up words that describe yellow, many of these were listed. And they were printed on yellow striped paper, some of which I still had. So I used it and the words as my border.

I would like to participate in the following challenges with this art journal glue book spread:

Art Journal Journey - Count Your Blessings  I count COLORS as blessings! (My personal art motto is Color is my art oxygen, so I must have it to live.) I was going to enter this in last month's but did not finish in time, so this theme was a great segue for me!
3.  Mix It Up Challenge #16 - Anything Goes + Optional Acrylic Block Stamping  I did not do the optional challenge, just did anything goes.

I hope you liked my art today and it kept you busy for a minute or two looking at all the collaged images. Have a great Hump Day and rest of the week. Thank you as always for taking the time to stop by to visit. xoxoxo






No comments: