Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Fortune-ate Birthday

Hello, my blogging friends! I'm back today with a birthday card I made for our daughter's fiancé' aka The Son-In-Love. The Fortune Teller sign is from Gecko Galz' Fortune Has It collage sheet. The lovely gypsy image is one I'd fussy cut a while back for another project and ended up not using. It lay in a pile for months with other images, so now I have no idea where it's from. Note to File: if I cut something out and don't use, pencil-in where it's from on the back!!! Sigh!


I used stamps from Crafty Secrets Lucky Wishes set for the sentiments and crystal ball. I'm thinking  these stamps are maybe 10 years old. The picture of the set that I keep on my computer is dated 2008.

 The patterned card stock is Basic Grey Motifica and is die cut with Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges Nesties. I used Mandarin and Henna Petal Point inks from my Use It Up box on the edges, mainly to integrate the orange-ish color of the sign image.


Here is a mock-up of the images on an A2 mat in PSE. You can see the color I thought it would print and also the size. I do this to see roughly how my elements will look.

And this is how the color came out. More gold-ish than orange-ish, but I actually like it better. What sometimes happens, happened this time. The element printed out larger than I wanted. But oh well, it still fit. I had wanted the girl's ponytail to lead down to the sign but ended up having to cover it up with the sign. Glad I'm no longer so anal that would bother me enough to actually reprint it, haha. Now I just use it and chalk it up to whatever!

A view of both front and back. LOVE that Lawn Fawn siggie stamp. 

I am sharing this card with the following challenges:

This card is being snail-mailed as we speak to Austin, so it's Mail Art in my book. ;-)



IF vintage = OLD, then I have used vintage images and vintage stamps and vintage paper. So, ergo, this is a vintage card! :-) And that makes SENSE to this old BROAD, hahaha, I crack myself up!

Must use at least one stamp older than a year. Like I mentioned above, this Crafty Secrets set may be 10 years old. Definitely older than one year.


I was inspired by the word Snap - my images are snaps and fortune-telling takes snap. (I know, not literal, but I looked at the DT makes and some were even more loosely connected than mine. This is how I gauge how strictly to follow a prompt.) 

I know I have 3 layers for sure.

Well, That's all for me today. I hope to be back tomorrow with a Christmas card.
Thank you as always for taking your time to come visit and allow me to share my art with you. 
Have a great day and get artsy if you can! xoxo




No comments: