Friday, August 10, 2018

Rolo Rendezvouz

Happy TGIF, my Artist Friends!! Hope it's cool and dry wherever you are hanging out! 

Today I have 3 ScriptureDex Rolos to share, all of them old challenges at Think Monday Think ATC.

All 3 were also old UFAPs (UnFinished Art Projects) as well.

First up is one I did for the April 2nd EGGS challenge theme . Bits and bobs of collage images from my Black Hole of Stash. (When you have traded ATC's and other art for years in the past, you acquire ALOT of stash goodies from trade partners.) A vellum scripture verse and some ribbon. The back of the Rolo began with an inked and stenciled background. I will have this one ready for Easter next year.
_____________________________________________

Next up - what I've made following the June 4th PUZZLE challenge theme. I could not find an appropriate secular phrase for the back, so I made up my own! 

I used a Rolo that I had previously collaged book papers on and gessoed.
Began by inking over that in Archival Thistle on the front, then stenciling with Titan Buff acrylic.

Meanwhile, on the back, I painted some acrylic lime green and then stenciled over it with Archival Thistle ink. Love how you can use Archival ink over and under acrylic paint!

This Paper Artsy Ink and the Dog At Home Plate 5 stamp set has a puzzle piece with a woman who looks exactly like my favorite Golden Age of Hollywood actress Norma Shearer. So of course I had to use it! I inked her on the front and heat-embossed her on the back. Painted the little puzzle pieces from my stash with some Smooch ink.
_______________________________________________
My final Rolo today was for the July 16th  WATER COLOR STAMPING challenge theme. I used Color Bursts on the front and Distress Inks on the back, doing 2 different types of WC stamping techniques.

For the front, I used these Color Burst colors on a water color paper block.

And got this really cool sheet! I cut four pieces from it and used my Rolodex die to cut my card.

I then stamped onto it using Archival ink and my Technique Junkies Van Gogh-esque background stamp. What a gorgeous impressionistic nighttime sky with all of the Van Gogh moons!

For the back of the Rolo, I sponged on some different pink shades of Distress ink, then I took my Michelle Ward Green Pepper Press Printed Matter stamp and inked with 2 purple shades, misted with water and stamped. I used part of a song lyric by Neil Young for my secular phrase, "Don't Let It Bring You Down" from his 1971 After the Gold Rush album.

In addition to TMTA's challenge, I am joining in the following challenges with this Rolo:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #137 - Use Those Inks Any Way You Want
Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Inspired by a Song


 That's it for me today. I hope everyone has a good weekend, filled with time for arty play! As always, I thank you very much for dropping by to visit me and my art! 
Back soon, xoxoxo



No comments: