Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Back to the Blog

Hallo, Lovelies! Didya miss me any? I took a few weeks off the blog grid, mostly because I've been working on stuff and taking my time so nothing much to show. I do have a few things now, so...I'm BAAAACK!!!

Well, being as I only made a grand total of 7 Christmas cards in July, it's now Christmas in August for me! Here's my latest one. The idea for it began with a Stripey Legs challenge on Sunday Postcard Art but I missed the deadline. Thus freed from making only 4x6" art, it became a card. 

I began by wanting a background resembling old home paneling. I knew I had paper somewhere but was too lazy to look and look. So, I took some of my old Petal Point dye inks with the rounded triangle shapes from my Use It Up box and just smudged them down my white card stock. I was amazed as each new color and layer created perfect old wood marks! Not really sure if I can do this again, but I'm definitely willing to try!

The card developed into what I call neo-Victorian, and I got use my gold paper stash, too, which looks very nice die cut with Victorian-style matted layers. 

The back of the card...

My older-than-dirt See-D Christmas stamps bundle has to be 15 years old by now, but I used the big tree, packages and one of the sentiments on the card front. I was going to use the sentiment "What did Santa bring?" But I have taken to playing my Christmas music cd's while making my Christmas cards, and Kelly Clarkson's "Underneath the Tree" was playing and it inspired me to use "What's under the tree?" instead.

Stamps: See-D's
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Tranquil Moments, Cascading Grace, Majestic Radiant Rectangles
Collage Image: Crowabout (hand colored with red marker)
Papers: Tim Holtz, Georgia-Pacific 110# white card stock, gold paper stash scraps, red construction paper scraps

I am joining the following challenges with this card:
1. Jingle Belles Rock Blog Banner Inspired Challenge - I was inspired by the gold and the tree
2. Three Muses Victorian Challenge - I've used touches of Victorian with the background paneling, the boys, the elaborately decorated presents, the die cut mat styles
4. Try It On Tuesday Inspired By A Song Challenge - Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson
5. Take a Word Challenge - Home Sweet Home - my card setting is in a Home Sweet Home, probably the Victorian Parlour! :-) 
6. Happy Little Stamps August Christmas Challenge: Anything Goes + Optional Twist: Sequins - I used one gold sequin on the tree top behind the star


That's all for now! I'm back in production mode and have more, so see ya again real soon! Thanks for visiting and I hope find some time to art-play!!! xoxo

No comments: