Monday, July 16, 2018

Tis the Season for Retro Turquoise Layers and Ornaments On the Die Cut Tree Branch

Monday Greetings, Y'all. Just popping in to share a card today I made that fits 5 challenges. I am counting my layers on this card.

I took a piece of turquoise card stock from my Prima Melody collection to make this card base. I had this 6x6 sheet of cranberries patterned card stock from where I do not know, but the turquoise stems matched perfectly so I used it for the base layer #1. 
Next came Layer #2, the deep red focal image mat. I cut that with a Spellbinders mega curved rectangles die. I then added Layer #3: some turquoise glittery ribbon across all my layers in the middle and at the top and bottom. The ribbon is pretty see-through, but it adds some subtle texture and interest.
Layer 4 is the focal image of this card and is in Echo Park's Recollections Christmas kit. You will see more similar to this on my cards as the kit has multiple images. I distressed the edges (and the edges of the cranberries layer as well) with my Tim Tool. I also brushed the ornament with my clear Wink of Stella and then added 3 clear rhinestones it. Then I took my Disco Ball Stickles and applied a tiny bit to each. 

The 5th and final layer, shared with the rhinestones, is the Impression Obsession pine branch die cut. I Stickled it as well.
Here is a shot from the side showing the front with the back, which is a piece from a 12x12 sheet of  Basic Grey Fruitcake. I went ahead and just cut 4x6 pieces from the whole sheet to use on future cards.
All in all, I am very jolly with how this came out. So much so I may replicate the general layout as I continue my Christmas in July card-making. 

Here are the challenges I am joining with this card:

That does it for me for maybe a couple of days. I have to get some personal papers together for our retirement advisor and then meet with him Tuesday. I would so much rather be making cards. Heck, even scrubbing my toilet, hahaha. I used to do that work for 30 years but it just makes me have a panic attack to think of it now. So I will be glad to see the other side of my To-Do's this week! Thanks for visiting as always and I sure hope you have a more fun start to your week. May you get time to create and play! xoxo


No comments: