Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Multi-post Tuesday: Thank you card #1

Greetings Guys and Galz! I'll be posting twice today, which is what happens when you just have to do 2 cards for the same challenges. One entry = one post on most of the challenge rules. So, please bear with me. They're helping me get stuff made. :-) Until they don't anymore, lol, but right now is golden (like this card, haha).

I've a need for some thank you cards to send for Honey's retirement gifts he has received. And I cut this scalloped heart die from yellow/gold shimmer card stock quite a long time ago and have grown tired of pushing it out of the way in my Bits n Bobs box. Time to use! 

Wanted to show this die because it truly is Old School, hahaha. LOVE (not) the baby bottle heading where the Sizzix is. Now THAT dates a die, haha. Thank goodness the real die cut is not so old-looking.

I didn't spend my usual way-too-much-time on this card, kept it simple. I used Tim's Tattered Banners die for the flags to stamp the sentiments. For some reason, I wanted to use my Cornucopia Versa Magic chalk ink on it and for inking the edges of my DCWV Collage Art paper that I also distressed. 

I won't get into the weeds, but after I cut my paper, I didn't like that there were no little flowers in the top left hand corner like there are in the bottom right hand corner. So brave me says, I have little flower silhouette stamps, I'll stamp some. My game plan was to do it all with my chalk inks, including simulating some gesso on top by using my white chalk ink. AND IT WORKED, I think. If I hadn't told you, would you have known or guessed? I really need to get into using my chalk inks more before they all dry up or something, because they are kind of cool in a subtle way. And I love how they dry pretty permanent.

A side view.

I am joining the following challenges with this card:
LTCCB Challenge #25 - ANYTHING GOES
Eclectic Ellapu August Challenge  - FRIENDS FROM AFAR (sending this to friend)
LTSCB Challenge #112 - OLD SCHOOL (my cutesy and old Sizzix heart die) 

Well, that is it for this post. Stay tuned for one more later on before noon! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

No comments: