Monday, July 9, 2018

Queen UFAP Returns...

Greetings from the Land of UFAP heehee. I have a few more finishings to brag on, er um, share. ;-)

First off, our beautiful daughter turned 30 this past weekend. Loved that her fiancé threw her a surprise Day of the 20's Dead costume party. That's turning 30 in style! Had I known beforehand, I'd have made a card that reflected Dios de la Muerte, but that's okay. I scored with her usual faves: glitter, butterflies and purple.

The 5x7 card I made her, from Honey and me. I used washi tape, a Cuttlebug embossing folder, chalk inks and Spellbinder butterfly die cuts colored with Wink of Stella, Permapaque pens, Smooch inks and Stickles.

Inside, stamped sentiments from Hero Arts and Sweet and Sassy. The butterfly stamp was a RAK.

I made the background using Technique Junkies Embossed Washi technique. I applied washi tapes to my card stock and then ran it through my machine in the embossing folder.

Here you can see the embossed card stock as I am trying out my chalk ink colors on a practice piece.

Here I've swiped the raised surface of the card stock and also there are my butterfly dies and cuts.

Here are my butterflies after decorating.

A closer look as they are drying.

And a final view. 
Challenges I am entering with my Butterfly Birthday Card:
3. Moo Mania - Favorite Colors Challenge (I'm all about the purple!)

Next, I have a ScriptureDex Rolo for Think Monday, Think ATC's Chess Challenge, a UFAP project that sat there for weeks. I used a stamped quote sentiment and dicey die stamps by My Favorite Things, the verse is from a realtor's calendar. The adorable tiny chess piece die cuts are by Memory Box. And the checkered floor background stamp is by Lost Coast Designs.

Finally I have another UFAP project done, a Happy Spring Sing tag for my little Tim Carrousel in my art corner. I papered the tag with a patterned paper scrap, then added some gathered lace to the bottom and  collage sheet images from Retro Café Art. Ribbon, flowers and jewels from my stash.

The Spring Sing tag back was papered as well, with another Retro Café Art image, some little stickers and flowers and lace from my stash, as well as alpha and word stickers.

Here is another view of the front where I added some green Stickles glitters and brushed the waterway behind the kiddoes with Wink of Stella to make it shimmer. 
Challenges I am entering with my Happy Spring Sing tag:

That is all I have today. I'll be back soon with more! Hope where you are at is sunny, arty and happy! xoxo

No comments: